internet issues

Dynavwryn

WiiChat Member
Mar 29, 2010
roselle
so i can't get on the shop channel.

every time i go on it says there is an update to be installed
it tells me to go to wiiconnect24 and install the update...

i go to try the update and it nevers goes past 10% (i use a lan adapter)

my wii is hacked, so i try installing the latest internet and shop channel using DOP-mi and it does a system reboot whenever i click start the channels.

i formatted my memory so i have the normal shop channel...

(p.s. i was having this issues before i hacked my wii)

any help?

If your Wii's been screwy before it was hacked and after you formatted it, odds are it's an internal malfunction. The Wii does have a failure rate, after all. The last resort which may be all you can do is to call Nintendo if you've got a warranty and send it in for repair; but if there's any sign the Wii's been hacked (especially mod chips), they'l probably find it and void the warranty.

Also, when in doubt, Nintendo's Troubleshooting.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/index.jsp

If your Wii's been screwy before it was hacked and after you formatted it, odds are it's an internal malfunction. The Wii does have a failure rate, after all. The last resort which may be all you can do is to call Nintendo if you've got a warranty and send it in for repair; but if there's any sign the Wii's been hacked (especially mod chips), they'l probably find it and void the warranty.

Also, when in doubt, Nintendo's Troubleshooting.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/index.jsp

if i remove homebrew would they notice anything?

I honestly don't know. If you deleted homebrew and formatted, I'm led to believe homebrew wouldn't show up on the Wii, considering it's not a program integrated into the software. I'm just not 100% sure, though.

If all you've done to your Wii is homebrew, no mod chipping or anything then I'd say there's a good chance nintendo wouldn't see anything, especially if you've formatted. I recommend waiting for a more professional response from someone else before taking action, though.

Oh, and the one important thing I don't know about are how Homebrew integrates ISOs and programs like BootMii to the Wii; I'm not sure if formating gets rid of said items. If you've installed anything like BootMii via homebrew, you should definatly wait for someone else to give a better answer than me.

Back