is the classic controller worth it?

zachp18 said:
Should i buy the classic controller to play my virtual console games of just keep using my gamecube controller to play?

you can use a gamecube controller for all vc games. if you dont have on get one used for less than $5

Personally I love the Classic Controller, the best way to decide is to try to find somebody that has one and see which feels more comfortable to you. I think the Gamecube controller can get clumsy on old games. But if you're short on cash, stick w/ the cube controller and don't fret about scrounging up enough money to buy a classic controller.

Next time use the search
This has been discussed loads of times

GC control is awkward with games like super mario world and DKC. Personally, I think the Classic Control is worth the 20 bones.

definitely get the classic controller. i did not want to pay the money for one either till i downloaded contra 3. that game is impossible to play with a gc controller. i had to twist my fingers and hold the controller a screwed up way to attempt to play, and at that, i did not get far cuz i did not have the reaction time needed while playing it that way. now that i got the controller, its a lot better. the way nintendo mapped out the buttons for VC games was bad for the gc controller. my friend had the same problem with super mario world. i even went to his house and tried to play it. I refuse to play that game without the classic controller. it was screwy the way they mapped the buttons for that too.

Back