Just a few more Madden Questions

Wiily Good

WiiChat Member
Oct 28, 2006
Australia
I was wondering how you challenge a decision. The computer player challenges all the time but I can't figure out how to.

Also, when you choose FG Block to block a field goal, what do you do to block the field goal? I pick the FG Block play but no attempt is made to block the field goal.

Also, when you pick a defensive pass play, some of your players have lines drawn from them to a coloured circle. What do these colours mean and what is the difference between the colours (blue, light blue, yellow and purple)?

Lastly, in franchise mode when I go the Owner’s Box, my advisors tell me that I’m not spending enough on stadium maintenance. When do I go to change how much I spend on this?

Thanks

(I was wondering how you challenge a decision. The computer player challenges all the time but I can't figure out how to.)

i think its in the + menu, havent challenged a play yet so not 100%

(Also, when you choose FG Block to block a field goal, what do you do to block the field goal? I pick the FG Block play but no attempt is made to block the field goal.)

you just have to hope it works...i think i have blocked one field goal in like 10 years of playing madden so best of luck to you

(Also, when you pick a defensive pass play, some of your players have lines drawn from them to a coloured circle. What do these colours mean and what is the difference between the colours (blue, light blue, yellow and purple)?)

the colored lines basically show where your defenders are going to move through the play...not sure on the colors, never really cared

(Lastly, in franchise mode when I go the Owner’s Box, my advisors tell me that I’m not spending enough on stadium maintenance. When do I go to change how much I spend on this?)

no idea

Wiily Good said:
I was wondering how you challenge a decision. The computer player challenges all the time but I can't figure out how to.

Also, when you choose FG Block to block a field goal, what do you do to block the field goal? I pick the FG Block play but no attempt is made to block the field goal.

Also, when you pick a defensive pass play, some of your players have lines drawn from them to a coloured circle. What do these colours mean and what is the difference between the colours (blue, light blue, yellow and purple)?

Lastly, in franchise mode when I go the Owner’s Box, my advisors tell me that I’m not spending enough on stadium maintenance. When do I go to change how much I spend on this?

Thanks
u challenge it just by pausing the game and selecting challenge play, the thing is, it only lets u challenge it in certain circumstances when it thinks u actually have a chance
as far as field goal blocks, it's not that no attempt is being made, it's that blocking a field goal is an incredibly difficult and rare thing
as far as the colors, i think they just correspond to different players but im not sure
i have no idea about the franchise mode thing, sorry

Last edited:
Wiily Good said:

Thanks

That's because blocking a field goal is near impossible.
Actually, no, it is impossible.

:sad:

here's a fun fact, committing offsides on extra point attempts cannot really hurt u in any way, the play will just be repeated
if u want the satisfaction of blocking a field goal go offsides and stand in front of the kicker, u will block it but a penalty will be called

about the coloured circles. They correspond to the type of/place of the zone they're playing. If the circle is blue, it means they're playing deep routes, looking for the deep pass. Yellow is for over the middle passes. Purple means they're looking for a hook route. Light blue means they're looking for passes out to the flats, screens, wheel routes, etc. And orange means they're playing QB spy. Staying in the middle, looking to stop the QB from scrambling/looking for a pass over the middle (drag routes).

Back