Manhunt 2 in trouble again.....

zapasant

Where is your god now?
Aug 13, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2887-9874-6238-6951
20th Nov, 2007

Duck and cover people, it’s happening again… In a move likely to incite gamers to either rally to vocal outcry or roll their eyes and yawn, a group of US senators is still campaigning against Rockstar’s Manhunt 2, nearly a month after the game was passed and released.

The group of four, consisting of Joe Lieberman, Sam Brownback, Evan Bayh and Hillary Clinton (surprise!) is now gunning for the game’s rating to be upgraded to the effective banning of an AO, even after its previous censorship has seen the ESRB happily pass it with an M. The form of their action? Erm, a letter

hillary--screenshot_large.jpg

Says they to the ESRB:

‘We ask your consideration of whether it is time to review the robustness, reliability and repeatability of your ratings process, particularly for this genre of 'ultraviolent' video games and the advances in game controllers. We have consistently urged parents to pay attention to the ESRB rating system. We must ensure that parents can rely on the consistency and accuracy of those ratings’

While this reaction may seem a bit too late/desperate/heavy-handed/out of touch/all of the above, it does of course set alarm bells ringing when you consider Clinton’s presidential aspirations and preoccupation with media ratings. Is the ESRB set to have to deal with this sort of thing a lot more should she be successful? The wording of the above letter extract could certainly be interpreted as having a threatening tone.

But while this is all well and good, is it not time that we had some evidence to back up the idea of violent games as a corrupting influence? You know, that evidence we've been waiting for since Mortal Kombat...

well for me, this isnt very important, i just thought ide share this with you guys

and yes, the hillary clinton photo is funny :)

Source
http://www.gamesradar.com/us/wii/ga...112095532944023&releaseId=2007020611162342033

It's all just a generation gap, they don't understand videogames and therefore are willing to use it as a scapegoat for bad things happening to society...well you would figure that all these high educated people running our country should be able to figure out that the problem is the PARENTING, not the videogames. Back in the fifties before videogames, boys and girls were still out on the street pretending to shoot each other with sticks and all that stuff, lawmakers probably didn't say "well all these sticks are having a negative effect on society, we should step in and fix it." It was the parents job to teach kids right from wrong and real from fake.

In the end it boils down to this:

Almost all kids today play videogames, it's a norm of our society. And there are violent kids and non-violent kids, and some grow up to be psychpaths. Videogames cannot be blamed when it's a smaller percentage of the population acting violent and the majority (who also play) end up just fine.

JohnnyRed said:
They should have banned it, not for violence but because it sucks.

QFT

all jokes aside, this is an argument that will never end. Just look at that whole homosexual mario thread. The political and religious leaders in this country will never cease to find something to blame for everything thats wrong with this world. In an effort to shift attention off of themselves, they have blatantly started a war against video games because, as someone said before me, it is a generation gap that they do not understand. Nevermind bad parenting, tyrannical government, and drug abuse... video games are directly responsible for all of the violence in the world [/sarcasm]. I'm from the US. Does this debate ring as strongly in other countries too?

Consider this: John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, and Charlie Manson never played video games.

i absolutly h8 da bbfc i wana kik there ass and i would any1 with me bring manhunt 2 out in the uk p.s bbfc suck

i think its about time that canada got its own rating board. everything else is rated lower than USA. if something is rated R in USA it is rated 14A in Canada. the same could go for videogames. Hillary Clinton is nothing to be feared. she has nothing to back up her comments. there is so much cencoring in manhunt 2. just sit back and watch her fail is all i can say.

"Graphic Violence in media.
Does it glamorize violence? Sure.
Does it desensitize us to violence? Of course.
Does it help us tolerate violence? You bet.
Does it stunt our empathy for fellow beings? Heck yes.
Does it CAUSE violence? ...Well, that's hard to prove.

The trick is to ask the right question."

Actually, the Gay Mario "incident" came from a website that is fake, they are actually making fun of super conservative christians.

I capitalized the word gay. So what?

The only violence in Manhunt 2 is when the glitchey controls cause me to beat my TV and surrounding people with my Wii-Mote.

Seriously, the game is average and the graphics are sad. Do they really think block headed video game characters getting stabbed in a motion blur is worse then what you see in a rated R movie? No.

I am 23 years old and feel Manhunt 2 was not violent enough. It is lame.

QFT

all jokes aside, this is an argument that will never end. Just look at that whole homosexual mario thread. The political and religious leaders in this country will never cease to find something to blame for everything thats wrong with this world. In an effort to shift attention off of themselves, they have blatantly started a war against video games because, as someone said before me, it is a generation gap that they do not understand. Nevermind bad parenting, tyrannical government, and drug abuse... video games are directly responsible for all of the violence in the world [/sarcasm]. I'm from the US. Does this debate ring as strongly in other countries too?

Consider this: John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, and Charlie Manson never played video games.

Wasnt a joke, the game is a total waste. Horrid storyline, terrible graphics, and totally overuse of vulgararities to spice it up and show us how over the line it can be which flopped completely.

And all of you blaming religious and political leaders for Manhunt being filtered are ridiculous, how many political and religious leaders had to speak up to get Rockstar to change Manhunt 2? Cmon people shout the answers out when you know them.... NONE. The ratings board gave them a little heat and they caved in and produced an inferior product.

Want to air out your complaints then attack the ratings board, or Rockstar for not standing up and showing some spine to leave their product as it was made. Blaming stupid Hillary Clinton and political/religious leaders for Manhunt stinking sounds as uneducated as those dopes claiming 911 was a goverment conspiracy.

Back