Bigjake52

Wii fan Boy till the end
Jul 26, 2007
MarsBars
Wii Online Code
3449-8056-9185-4637
I have no clue is it football or Socker
I have no clue
I'm In canada and what is it and like what????

like socker like you kick a ball around?

idk why the hell us americans had to change the name. The only people that contact the ball with their feet in american football is the punters and kickers. How gay. American football should be called soccer, and football should've stayed football.

Yea, thing is we don't like to do anything like anyone else, because we are a stubborn country IMO. I like to call it futbol (fun to say with an accent) just because I live 45 min from mexico, goooooaaaaaaaaallllllllllll.

ya soccer should be football and we should be using the metric system. im just throwin it out there.

I wouldn't go as far as using the metric system. I'm so used to what we've been using, that to have to do that would not be something I'm open to.

All i know in canada
football has big floating posts
and socker has nets

Butzy411 said:
idk why the hell us americans had to change the name. The only people that contact the ball with their feet in american football is the punters and kickers. How gay. American football should be called soccer, and football should've stayed football.

The name "soccer" actually originated in England, not the United States.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_for_football_(soccer)

The rules of football were codified in England by the Football Association in 1863, and the name association football was coined to distinguish the game from the other versions of football played at the time. The word soccer is a colloquial abbreviation of association (from assoc.) and first appeared in the 1880s. The word is sometimes credited to Charles Wreford Brown, an Oxford student said to have been fond of shortened forms such as brekkers for breakfast and rugger for rugby football. (See Oxford -er)

During the late 19th century the word soccer tended to be used only at British independent schools; even in the UK, most people knew the game simply as football. The term association football has never been widely used, although in England some clubs in rugby league strongholds adopted the title Association Football Club (AFC) to avoid confusion with the dominant sport in their area.

Back