Mortal Kombat A: Stuck

b1u3-wii

B1U3
Jun 4, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
6835-1799-8209-8322
Does anyone know a good way to beat Montaro during the 3rd skills testing? I'm able to kill him the first time but after that it's downhill!

My strategy with Taven is always the same no matter who I'm fighting... I'm sorry I don't know the names of the moves but there are so few special moves I hope it's not a problem. Anyway, as soon as the match starts, I do the move where he charges at the opponent but you can also try the move where he charges and follows with the combo right after. The computer tends to block that a lot more, though. Anyway, when the opponent gets knocked down, quickly pull out your sword. I can't think of the name of the combo, but it's up, up, left, left, and it takes a good chunk out of anybody. Some opponents back off enough that it gives you an oppurtunity to use that charge/combo special move and then you end up taking about 33% of their life just like that. Any time they get close to you and you have your sword, pressing away and up (I think it's up? might be down) does the kinda tripping swipe with the sword that the computer is really vulnerable to. Also, be ready for the big guys (like Motaro) to charge at you because that's the best time to use the fireball move.
Good luck with Motaro. Not to dampen your game at all, but it gets much harder than Motaro later. I love Konquest mode, though. The only part I really have trouble with now is the giant skulls and that's mainly just a control/aim problem that was there even in the PS2 version.

Keep trying... Some of those battles would literally take me over 20 tries to pass... Weather or not I beat them would depend on a few things... Just keep trying and eventually you should get lucky...

Back