Multi-Quote

Chewitt

WiiChat Member
May 6, 2007
Hemel Hempstead (England)
Any chance this can be introduced ?

Use another v-bulletin forum and multi-quote is a very useful feature, in the past on here when i've wanted to respond to several users at once on a lengthy thread i've had to undergo the rather laborious process of copy and pasting and hitting the quote button for all the posts i wish to quote.

Thanks.

I have metiond this before and nothin has come of it

(quote=Chewitt)in the past on here when i've wanted to respond to several users at once on a lengthy thread i've had to undergo the rather laborious process of copy and pasting and hitting the quote button for all the posts i wish to quote.(/QUOTE)

If the thread is 20 replies or less, you can see all the replies from newest to oldest at the bottom (topic review section). Just type the quote tags like I've done above but use [ ] instead of ( ) and copy paste the selected user's message to produce the quote:
Chewitt said:
in the past on here when i've wanted to respond to several users at once on a lengthy thread i've had to undergo the rather laborious process of copy and pasting and hitting the quote button for all the posts i wish to quote.
Also, you can produce a quote that doesn't contain the "Originally posted by ____" by omitting the =____ bit in the quote tags.

e.g (quote)in the past on here when i've wanted to respond to several users at once on a lengthy thread i've had to undergo the rather laborious process of copy and pasting and hitting the quote button for all the posts i wish to quote.(/quote)

produces this [when using square brackets]:

in the past on here when i've wanted to respond to several users at once on a lengthy thread i've had to undergo the rather laborious process of copy and pasting and hitting the quote button for all the posts i wish to quote.

Last edited:
i hated that too, when doing the "ask a cop" thread that i had it was a pain in the ass because i was posting SO much and causing a lot of DPs and oneway conversations, it would of been a real time saver if that system did exist :(

not around here its not :( i wish it was an option....maybe something to bring up YET AGAIN in staff chat....gosh im like the only one that posts in there lmfao

lol...not the first time you said that.

I concur btw

oh, this system would have been better back in my debating days. don't do too much quoting anymore.

And most people will hold off the flaming if it's just a once-in-a-while DP that has a quote in each.

Now when the first has text and the second has a quote..then it pisses me off.

you can just quote first, and add the rest in a new paragraph, same post

</rant>

Back