New to the Wii Universe

severly

WiiChat Member
Jan 31, 2010
Hello everyone, I'm Scott and I am a 36 year old electrician in Virginia. Been married for 15 years with no kids but a cat that is spoiled rotten, he is our baby I suppose. I've been a PS2 owner and Final Fantasy fan for several years. My intention was to wait until the PS3 finally lowered in price and then switch over so I could keep all of my current games. Eventually I learned that only a few (now practically unobtainable) models were backwards compatible. So it looks like I would need to keep my PS2 regardless, at that point I started looking at the other 2 platforms.

From what I could see, the Xbox seems to be geared toward a hard core gamer that wants the realistic feel of shooting and explosions. I don't care for violence or gore and that is what drew me to the more family oriented games. The most violent thing we see here is Mario knocking a turtle off of the screen. The motion sensing controls really add to the experience.

As far as games, like I said I really enjoyed the Final Fantasy series. I was that an RPG game (The Last Story) is coming up that looks interesting and I've been told about Monster Hunter Tri which sounds interesting. Other than that, my big interest is the Guitar Hero series. I'm in the process of getting some of them off of Ebay and if I do then I can sell off my PS2 versions. I am also looking at getting a 4GB SD card so I can get the DLC that is finally available for Wii users. I also loved the MYST series for PC. On an other forum a user suggested Zack and Wiki, so I'll probably give that a try.

I know I wrote a good bit, but I'm hoping to let everyone know what I'm after, so if anyone has any suggestions on games of those types, I would love to hear from you. I'm sure once I get into online gaming I'll have questions so I'll thank everyone in advance for their help.

Nice to meet you Blair. We will have to see if the two RPG's that are coming out this year give us something to be exciting about. It is always nice to get in on the ground floor on something like that.

Welcome to WiiChat Scott. I'd give Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearer a look at if you're interested in an RPG title. Beware though, it's not like its bigger brother FF13 at all.

Enjoy the forums.

Hey, i would like to welcome you to wiichat forums. Hope to keep seeing you around the place.

You could try Zelda. Or...
Try call of duty mw:r
you might be the kind of guy that likes rpg's, but i rekon you would get hooked on cod
If you haven't played cod4 before, single player will be fun for a start, then you should get into online. I'm addicted haha

-osama

My 8 year old son wants to get to the Fate of the Universe Galaxy faster (Nintendo Wii, Super Mario Galaxy). Any ideas on how to get there faster? Is there a tunnel or a tube or a special move to get there faster?

Back