NHL on thw Wii?

rukus

WiiChat Member
May 8, 2007
have there been any announcements with regards to an nhl or other hockey game for the wii?

not at the moment. NHL 08 came only on pc, 360 and ps3 and even pc, i'm not sure. guess they couldn't think about using the classic controller to make it playable

Apparently it wasn't selling well on the Gamecube (although not a lot was :lol:)

So they opted out of one for the Wii I assume, this time around anyways.
Hopefully they see the Wii's potential for sports games and we end up seeing NHL 09.

CantGetAWii said:
Apparently it wasn't selling well on the Gamecube (although not a lot was :lol:)

So they opted out of one for the Wii I assume, this time around anyways.
Hopefully they see the Wii's potential for sports games and we end up seeing NHL 09.

Of course it didn't sell good. Just think how they made game. No shootout, not too many choices in character design (no long hair, just an example) and above all, crappy multiplayer and no online (though I don't know if 360 and PS3 feature online

Well for NHL 08, the only system that got the good vrsion was the 360. All the other systems got another remake of NHL 04. And since EA has decided that Wii can be a cash cow, NHL 09 will be a sure thing on the Wii (although it hasn't been anounced, I will give you my shoes if it doesn't come to Wii).

matperry said:
Of course it didn't sell good. Just think how they made game. No shootout, not too many choices in character design (no long hair, just an example) and above all, crappy multiplayer and no online (though I don't know if 360 and PS3 feature online

idk if youre talking about 08 but it is phenomenal for 360. i agree though that when nhl 09 comes out for wii which i am sure it will if it is stripped of any seemingly regular features i will be beyond furious. kinda like smackdown vs raw how it only had certain types of matches like wtf is that.

The only hockey related game for the Wii that has been mentioned is the game Backyard Sports: Hockey. As for NHL 09, hopefully we'll see a game for the Wii.

nhl 08 for pc sucks, 07 is much more fun.

All 08 games for the Wii were embarrassing. NHL was lucky not to be made for the Wii. EA you sicken me.

SuperWii_7 said:
All 08 games for the Wii were embarrassing. NHL was lucky not to be made for the Wii. EA you sicken me.

Actually, from my understandings Madden 08 was a big hit.

Syntax said:
Actually, from my understandings Madden 08 was a big hit.

My mistake, I meant to exclude Madden from that list, although imo 07 was better.

NBA and FIFA were terrible.

Back