Other than the length of sensor cable is there any problem puting Wii in AV closet

CoreyNJ

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2007
Is there any IR comunication from the unit it self or is everything from the remote sensor. Now that my Wii is up and running I want to move it into my climate controlled AV closet.

Nope, climate controlled unit would be fine. Just keep a check on over-heating (in case your cooler goes kaput).

The sensor just provides an IR source and doesn't feed any information whatsoever back to the Wii. The cable is purely to provide power to the "sensor bar". ( They should have called it IR Bar ).

All communication between the wiimotes and the Wii itself are done over Bluetooth Wireless Radio. So as long as your cabinet doesn't block the Bluetooth signal (highly unlikely) you should be fine.

Thanks... I will move it after I have an extra long extension cable made up (I think I'll have to modify an off the shelf one). As for a check of overheating, everything that goes in the closet gets a sensor on it that is rigged to a system that will shut it all down. I'm not going to fry my McIntosh stuff because the A/C went out ;)

I was just wondering if I had to hook a Xantech repeater up and where would it attach to on the Wii. I guess I don't have to worry....

Back