Police use Miis to locate owners of stolen Wii

zapasant

Where is your god now?
Aug 13, 2007
Canada
Wii Online Code
2887-9874-6238-6951
In West Yorkshire, England, police are hoping that Miis may help them trace the crime victims who have had a Nintendo Wii console stolen.

Earlier this month, a 32-year-old man was arrested on property theft charges. The Wii was reportedly found in a distinctive burgundy bag.

Police believe the console may have been stolen just after Christmas and that it could have even been a present.

The main clues police have obtained to tracing the victims are 16 Miis recovered on the Wii. Authorities released Seb, Pheebes, Nicks, Ellie, and Evie as some of the names of the Miis, as well as the Wii’s I.D. code, which is 7901 7431 3732 8898.

“Nintendo Wii looks new and is thought to have been stolen before January 1,” Detective Con Neil Johnson of the Kirklees CID intelligence unit told the Huddersfield Daily Examiner.

“It may have been a Christmas present. If anyone has devised these characters listed and the Wii has gone missing, then please contact us urgently.”

no need for csi here

Wow thats rather interesting actually.

Also I guess people will do whatever they can to get a Wii, even if it means stealing one which is just plain stupid.

If they looked on my Wii, they would think it was owned by Waluigi.

I have about 20 of the little Waluigi Mii's :lol:

lol, that's pretty cool. A unique way to track down criminals, but cool none the less

FRuMMaGe said:
If they looked on my Wii, they would think it was owned by Waluigi.

I have about 20 of the little Waluigi Mii's :lol:
How did you make them?
post a pic i want to see.

That's pretty cool. Wii's help catch crooks...or more ltrack down stolen property. Not really catching them....

bilzar said:
lol, that's pretty cool. A unique way to track down criminals, but cool none the less

Ummmm...they've already caught the criminal. They're not looking for the actual owner(s) of the Wii.

In a rather dumb way, I might add. Now they'll have 5,000 people and their grandmas claiming it's their Wii. Why not look through the list of people reporting stolen Wii's, or do they not do that kind of thing in the UK?

I also thought that since the police revealed that the miis could identify the wii, a future thief knows now to delete them once get he gets it.

You got that right....lol something i've been wondering what if the thief just couldnt keep his hands off the Wii and wanted to get in the Mii contests , what if the Mii's wore acutally his :lol:

vashivihan said:
dude thats one of the most bizzare stories i have ever read
Agreed, I don't care how much sense it makes, that's just odd that someone actually used save data to identify a stolen electronic device.

Back