Prizefighter New Wii Boxing Game

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Publisher 2K Sports, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, has announced the development of Don King Presents: Prizefighters for Wii.

Venom Games, the team behind Rocky and Rocky Legends for Xbox and PlayStation 2, will handle development of Prizefighters. According to 2K Sports, "players will be responsible for building a career by overcoming adversity, avoiding temptation, and balancing their commitments to train and promote, all while focusing on the goal of ultimately winning and defending the title belt." The realistic boxing simulation will also employ a narrative style akin to documentaries.

2K Sports did not specify how Wii's functionalities will be utilized, stating only that the developers will leverage " the unique hardware features of each platform."

"In all my years working in professional boxing, I have never seen anything come as close to recreating the thrill, the intensity, the courage and the spectacle of the sport," said Boxing Promoter Don King. "Don King Presents: Prizefighter is more than a game - it is a glimpse at what life is like in and out of the ring for these incredible athletes."

Prizefighters is expected to be released during April 2008.

Sounds decent.
Hopefully the visuals are okay, story sounds like it should be good.

I'll be very interested to see how this game turns out, mainly because Wii is the only system that I would be capable of enjoying a boxing game.

And it better have offline multiplayer, mainly because that is the best part of boxing games.

Lets hope it turns out better then the Ippo anime boxing game.

yay finally! i was hoping for a good boxing game for the wii! i was gonna get dat anime boxing game but da bad reviews didnt want me to.. so im hoping for this game to be the other most played game during the summer but it wont b played as much as brawl tho

if this is out before fight night i will be getting it, if not, ill be getting it anyway. a dedicated boxing game on the wii would be stunning.
the controls, think of the controls!
with something like a boxing game you would really have to heed the space warnings at the start of each game.

I hope Don King stays out of the way as much as possible, but I highly doubt that. I'll give this one a chance because we need a great Wii boxing game, but it's tough to believe in anything with Don King's name on it. Hopefully the 2K team does well with this one.

I'm hoping that the game will use better accuracy of the Wii Remote than WiiSports boxing which is impossible to really control unless you go very slow when throwing punches or dodging head-shots.

Hope the best for it, a possible rent if it gets an 8.5 or better on IGN.

Back