Problems with the advertising banners running amok?

Emme

Wiimote e lishious
Dec 30, 2007
Manchester U.K.
Wii Online Code
4653-0895-0093-4032
Hi all,

Is anyone else having problems with the advertising banners down the right hand side of the page?

On my computer they pop outwards whether I'm near them or not, then they don't scroll back automatically when my mouse is away from them.

My computer isn't slow with anything else so don't know why this happens. Once they have extended outwards towards the left I have to close the page and re-open it!?!:crazy:

I have tried the usual clicking else where on the page. It's not me being dumb as it doesn't happen to me on another computer! :aureola:

I guess I'm asking if they can be turned off (yeah, yeah now I am being daft I know.) Or if someone can offer advice or assistance.

Thanks

Em

If you don't want to have the advertisements popping out anymore just download an ad-pop up blocker. The best way about doing this would be to possibly go to www.download.com and search for an ad-pop blocker.

*Gymnast* said:
do u use mozilla fire fox?
or internetexplorer ??
because firefox makes a world of difference in decreasing popups.

I'm on a mac running safari, which has a pop up blocker in it which is switched on. New ads today though which is helping as this one doesn't scroll outward. So the problem is gone for the moment. Just hope they keep the ads to friendly non scrolling ones! lol
Thanks for the suggestions if the prob continues might be worth looking at firefox.

Em

download firefox for mac and get Ad-Blocker Plus. it will get rid of all your ads and popups. besides, firefox is, IMO, a much better browser than safari

Mitch2025 said:
download firefox for mac and get Ad-Blocker Plus. it will get rid of all your ads and popups. besides, firefox is, IMO, a much better browser than safari

Thanks for the suggestion I'm gonna give it a go. didn't know I could get rid of the banners and such. YAY

Back