Rumour: New DS Design

Celestial

WiiChat Member
Feb 13, 2007
London, England
Wii Online Code
3049-9371-2306-9680
Well basically it's saying that if this rumour is true, the new DS will have a bigger screen

http://n-europe.com/news.php?nid=10599

Nintendo are well known for redesigning their consoles. The GameCube saw several different colours and a DVD-playing edition in its lifetime, the Game Boy range has been rereleased and redesigned more times than Michael Jackson's face, there are already talks of a cosmetically different and DVD-playing Wii, and the original DS has been all but dropped in favour of the DS Lite. So it comes as no surprise that there are whisperings of another DS incarnation, except this time it's designed with the elderly in mind.

The rumours derive from Japanese magazine 'Gamelabo', who claim that the supposedly forthcoming incarnation will be aimed primarily at the elderly, and will feature things such as a larger screen to make activities such as text input easier. If the rumour is to be believed, then it's possible that Nintendo could be saving this for next month's E3.

Weird. Elderly ? They want to reach out to everybody, but they can't. :(

zachp18 said:
I hope they don't redisign it. I was thinking about buying a ds lite in a week but now I guess i'll wait.:mad5:

Yeah, it's like buying a car, once you buy it, a new model is going to come out in a week or something. :yesnod:

Anyways, a redisign would be a bad route for Nintendo. They should wait another year at least.

FR. said:
Yeah, it's like buying a car, once you buy it, a new model is going to come out in a week or something. :yesnod:

Anyways, a redisign would be a bad route for Nintendo. They should wait another year at least.
Agreed. Unstead of redisigning the ds, they should start designing the next handheld that will take the ds's place in a few years instead.:yesnod:

I think reaching out to the elderly is a bad idea. Not a lot of OAPs that I know of are into gaming of any kind. :lol:
They probably don't want to stress out their eyes by staring at a bright screen for too long.

Back