Samus Aran's Ship

Vanquish23

Supahstar
May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Wii Online Code
8617-4848-0755-6983
Hey, I'm closing in on the finale of Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, the first Prime game I've played. It's bad a$$. But I was wondering when she's in the cockpit of her ship, if all the interactive panels serve a purpose?

Like, is the top button with the radio frequencies designed for users to input possible codes?

And how about the left circular button that appears to arm the ship's weapons on the side and turns everything orange? Or the right circular button that sort of covers the cockpit in a protective shield?

And the "thrusters". It's cool as hell to turn those things on but again, I don't know if they actually do anything; they're certainly not needed to fly the ship. If anyone can clarify these questions on whether they serve to help fulfill objectives or not, that'd be greeaat.

Oh and her standard combat visor... what does the top-left circular panel display? And what does the top bar (split into 4 mini slots) indicate? I've seen one light up occasionally; I thought it corresponded to how many energy cells I was carrying but I think that isn't the case.

Metroid Prime brainiacs!!! I request thy knowledge!!!

Pretty much everything in the ship is just to make you feel like you're in a ship - don't think there is any purpose. The only vaguely useful one is the one that shows your stats on shots fired and hypermode uses and things like that. On the visor screen, I once again think it is just a design thing. It's all about making your experience much more interactive.

the top bar split into 4 spots on your visor is your battery level in your wiimote. i don't know if this is pointed out in the manual or not but i was excited to figure it out when my wiimote was about dead and their was only one bar and it was red. then i switched batteries and it went back up.

The top left circle panel if i am looking right is just radar with enemy locations. but i might not be looking in the same spot as you.

As far as the ship stuff goes i don't think there is a purpose to most of the stuff in the ship other than to let you just poke at it.

miiplaywii said:
Waluigi is gay.

:O
You're Gay!

Anyway:

Radio Frequencies: If You Put In Cartain Codes, You can Hear Japanese Messages From Shigeru Miyamoto And Satoru Iwata.

Random Buttons: Just For Fun And Looks

Thrusters: See "Random Buttons"

Combat Visor bar: My Guess Is The Corruption Rate.

Like, Mine's 25%, And I Had A Fourth Of The Bar Filled... So I Just Thought It was Corruption Rate.

^_^

When you put in the code you put in at the beggining of the game (using the thingy-ma-gig at the top) Miyamoto will start talking. (really)

Sweeet. That's awesome to hear guys, thanks for the info.

While we're at it, does anyone know what difference the # of ship missiles you have does? All the targeted doors the ship blasts would be destroyed irregardless if you picked up 1 Ship Missile Upgrade vs. 3 Ship Missile Upgrades right?

I didn't figure out the point of ship missiles the first time through either. But occasionally if you're fighting a big crowd of enemies in an out doors area, you can call in your ship to do a bombing run. It's a really powerful attack but it's very rare time you'll be able to use it.

Back