Saving Games

Bloodkraze

WiiChat Member
Jan 2, 2007
So, I know this is probably a stupid question, but I got a 2gb SD card, and I was wondering. How do I make my game saves on that rather than the internal? Is there some sort of option I have to set in the system to make all games save to the SD, or does it do it automatically once I put it in?

No it does not save all your games automatically and there is no option to. You have to do it manually, but when you save a game that you have on your SD card that will update the data on the SD card if it is in.

But is that option to save on the SD card at the beginning of a game? when you create a new game? Because im many hours into Zelda, and It's not prompting if i want to save to my SD card, I Don't want to start my Zelda over just so I can have it on my SD card.

I was wondering that too. We snagged a 1GB card and plugged it up, but all of our games are saved to the internal HD...no ask to save to the card or anything yet, was wondering how to keep stuff off the internal drive or at least back it up on the SD card/take to other peoples houses when they actually get a Wii lol.

It's in the data management options in the settings menu. You can copy/move files to and from the SD card in there. I think anyway.

Thanks a lot Icuic, I've got it all transferred over to my SD card.

Back