saving on VC

jakeeo

WiiChat Member
Jan 2, 2007
am i right in thinking that you cant save games?
i have super mario bros and now mario kart 64. and i cant dave nethin on either. is this the same for all games? as if it is theres no point geting games such as mario64. as starting from the start everytime is gonna jus get boring

I can only say for sure for Mario Kart 64. If you read the description before you download it, it says that due to technical difficulties, you cant save ghost data and that Nintendo are sorry for the inconvenience. I have been able to save Mario 64 and if you go back to wii menu from using the home buttom from super mario bros it should stay where you left it when you restart the game. I'm just going to check these for you now. I will edit when i'm done.

mario 64 saves in-game and super mario bros will let you use the home button to go back to the channels and then when you restart the game you will be wherever you pressed the home button just as i said.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
PtonJalken said:
you cant save mk64? hope they fix it somehow..

Same, but I haven't had problems saving in any other games that normally support saving.

You are not having a problem, you cannot save it. Go and check in the shop channel and read the description of the game for MK64, for some reason, Ninty couldn't get the game to save

ok thanks, so the 2games i get u cnt save:sick: just my luck

jakeeo said:
ok thanks, so the 2games i get u cnt save:sick: just my luck

Yeah that is kind of ironic in a way lol. But at least its got plenty of replayability :arf:

Tell me if i'm wrong, but isn't the ghost data in MK64 meant to be saved to an external mem card in the original N64 ver? Because what I think what the saving problem is was that there was no way to save data on the Wii that would normally be saved to an external memory card, it is not ma problem with me anyway because I usually don't do time trials, and when I do, it's just to play around and go into secret areas like the SM64 castle from none other than SM64, but for games like SM64 the game normally saves to the cartridge, and for the games that save to the cartridge will be saved to the Wii system memory

The external memory card I am talking about is the one that goes on the underside of N64 controller where you can also insert a rumble pack

So if the theory I said above is true, any game that saves to an external memory card will not be able to save

I never was in to the ghost feature on mario cart ,at least on it saves the best times and trophies that you can earn.

Oceanic said:
I can only say for sure for Mario Kart 64. If you read the description before you download it, it says that due to technical difficulties, you cant save ghost data and that Nintendo are sorry for the inconvenience. I have been able to save Mario 64 and if you go back to wii menu from using the home buttom from super mario bros it should stay where you left it when you restart the game. I'm just going to check these for you now. I will edit when i'm done.

mario 64 saves in-game and super mario bros will let you use the home button to go back to the channels and then when you restart the game you will be wherever you pressed the home button just as i said.

Hope this helps.

At what point does it say you can't save? I don't have any points right now so nothing that I can access tells me it can't save. Does it really tell you so late in the buying process.

Back