Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
As you all know I [STRIKE]liek[/STRIKE] love NiGHTS
So news of a remake is a do want for me
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=87917

SEGA Europe has offered no comment over reports that a remake of Saturn game NiGHTS: Into Dreams is heading to PS2 early next year.
Word spilled originally from Japanese magazine Famitsu (translated by IGN), which said the iconic title would be getting 16:9 support and upgraded visuals, as well as an illustration gallery and movie viewer.
Apparently the game is set to launch in Japan on 21st February 2008, and it will also be introduced at a budget price point - alongside a Nightopia Dream Pack that has the all important picture book inside.
Whether SEGA Europe's silence suggests it is a Japan-only offer is unclear, but we expect more to become clear as we get close to Wii game NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams release in January.

What the? A remake of the original?
Well it sounds to me like it's a Japan-only release, but I hope not...

Awesome. I always wanted to play this game, when i had finally got my hands on a Sega Saturn, but unfortunately the game was just so rare, and i could never find it.

But now I can finally try it out.

Thanks for the info Prinny.

Its not that rare
It depends where you are (USA it might be UK its allways on ebay)

Yeah but the Saturn isnt multi region (without a converter cart)

17068210wu0.jpg

Sad news -
http://kotaku.com/gaming/giant-face/nights-ps2-remake-japan-only-328959.php

If you enjoyed the original NiGHTS, the next couple of months will be grand. Team Sonic USA head and original NiGHTS designer Takashi Iizuka spearheaded NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, which is out later this month in North America and Japan. Next year will see the original NiGHTS into Dreams... getting a PS2 remake for Japanese release. What are the chances of that getting an international release? Or what about a Wii port? Iizuka says:

There are currently no plans for the PS2 version to be released outside of Japan, and no plans for a Wii version either. It is being released in Japan, due to the high demand for the game. So there are no plans for a worldwide release... so far.
So those who really want to play NiGHTS into Dreams... either import or dust off your Saturns!

Thank something I can play imports on my PS2

Back