Smash Bros. estimated release

KPac511

WiiChat Member
Jan 13, 2007
OK we don't know for sure how many items there are, how many characters there will finally be, how many stages, etc. etc. etc. but after a few days of seeing how they're rolling things out in the Dojo site, wouldn't you think they're stretching it out a bit? I mean unless there's only 10 items in the game (right.) then just the gooey bomb is a very minor update for one day if this game is gonna come out by the end of the summer. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess this game comes out late October. I think the biggest wildcard is when Galaxy comes out. They wouldn't wanna release the two close together UNLESS they released both on the same day. Sounds nuts, but I think if the games came out one week apart, knowing myself I'd pick ONE I would buy right away, play it a lot, then eventually get the other. But if they were to come out on the same day, knowing myself, I'd decide I had to buy BOTH. Then you also gotta consider Zelda Phantom Hourglass will be a pretty major release itself and you know how Ninty loves to stretch out the major releases.
Anyway, the point is the way the Dojo site's putting updates, unless there's no intention of having EVERYTHING up on the site before the game is released (let's hope?!?) then they're rolling out the updates slow enough that it's a pretty safe bet it won't be out for a WHILE still. I hate that the countdown to the site had me expecting a late June release date announcement. Just look how they've done characters... Mario and Link on one day and then Pit another day, when we know a good number of the characters already.
I don't mean to complain AT ALL. I'm a HUGE supporter of Nintendo and (outside of Virtual Boy and just the less than stellar launch titles with the GameCube) I think they tend to really know what they're doing.
I'm just saying... with a countdown to the launch of a site... then to launch the site with only a small fraction of things we've known for sure for well over a year now... ehhh... :scared: If they were gonna roll stuff on the site out fast for a near release, they would've at least launched the site with all the KNOWN characters. At this rate I doubt Snake will even be added to the character section by mid-June. :wtf:
So my June release date hopes are now looking at late September at BEST. Late August has Metroid Prime 3. Late July still seems too soon although it'd make me perfectly happy. But even late September... would they even think of taking on Halo 3?!? I'm also thinking it's kinda odd that they just announced the release date for Metroid Prime 3... but SSBB is the game getting the official site with updates, etc.
Confusing stuff. Anybody have any ideas?

Well, I didn't see anywhere that it will literally be a single character/item/stage at a time. I know it's been like that so far, but they may gather up speed. By mid June, they could be putting out two things together.

This way, they can put everything out creating a snowball effect before launch - the REALLY exciting stuff mere weeks before the release, so that it will have as much of an impact as possible.

Both Halo 3 and Brawl are major hitters. Halo is going to have it's initial audience already. I think Brawl may actually expand on it's audience, especially with online and characters from other franchises (perhaps a few non-Nintendo Metal Gear Solid fans) etc... They may try to make them compete. As someone that wasn't really impresed with Halo, I certainly hope that Brawl would sell more...

yeh i think that they will start doing more things at a time. but the site says its comingn out in 2007 anyway. so no need to worry becuase well have metoid prime to occupy us in between since its coming out august 20.
ime expecting it to come out late october or november..
but ime not too fussed. the longer we wait the better the game will be..

Theres no real way we can know but if I were nintendo I wouldn't put up Smash against Halo 3. I'd put up probably the only game that could beat it - Mario Galaxy. But we will see. I actually think we will see Smash around October and Mario early December, just in time for Xmas.

DazzeL said:
Theres no real way we can know but if I were nintendo I wouldn't put up Smash against Halo 3. I'd put up probably the only game that could beat it - Mario Galaxy. But we will see. I actually think we will see Smash around October and Mario early December, just in time for Xmas.
I think Smash Bros could beat it (or at least have a better chance than Galaxy). Think about it, Galaxy is a Mario title. They've (IMHO) undeservedly been given a "kiddie" label in the past. At least Smash Bros will have online, will have many characters - including some not-as-"kiddie" ones as Snake and Zero Suit Samus.

Of course, they could release Galaxy, Brawl and Corruption around 3 weeks apart, in the run-up before, during and after Halo 3...

...It would certainly stop the 360 being sold more around the time of Halo 3. Think about it, do I get Halo 3, or 3 of the best Nintendo games that come one after the other?

ehhh I love Nintendo and all but I'm gonna go out on a ledge and say there is no chance in hell any game coming out this fall could beat Halo 3. And that's not a biased opinion, I don't even own an Xbox 360. Just saying, this game is possibly the most anticipated game ever. But I'd love to see Nintendo put a dent in the sales just to show they've still got the industry by the balls.
I like your idea, though, Squall. I hope you're right. It'd be nice if they could keep wraps on stuff enough that a week before its actual release they announce a ton of 3rd party characters (Simon Belmont) and then a few days later announce the release date is one week away haha
Either way, like I said, I'm sure they know what they're doing and in the worst case it comes out this fall and I'll have Pokemon Battle Revolution, Mortal Kombat, Mario Party 8, and Metroid Prime 3 before then and who knows what else will be out by then.

Yea putting any game up against halo 3 is suicide. I say late October or early November.

Back