Splinter Cell For Wii!!

NateTheGreat

Pondering Member
Jun 30, 2006
A basement on the hill.
Wii Online Code
4054-9249-4284-3802
Splinter Cell: Double Agent will be a Wii launch title!!!

Here's what IGN says about it:
September 8, 2006 -

Not content with a mere seven Wii launch window games, Ubisoft is adding yet another one to the growing list. IGN Wii is able to announce today that Ubisoft's Montreal Studio is hard at work on a Wii version of Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent. The game will "be available for the hotly anticipated launch of Nintendo's new console," according to the third party.

"We are very excited to bring Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent to the Wii this holiday season," said Tony Key, vice president of marketing at Ubisoft. "The Splinter Cell franchise has always translated very well across multiple platforms and we are confident that the Wii version will continue the tradition of maximizing the capabilities of each respective video game console platform."
Source

Gosh, this is just AWESOME!!! I've always loved this franchise and now it's coming to the Wii and it's going to make use of the controller aswell!!:)

Here's some screen-shots and man they look great (click to enlarge):

tom-clancys-splinter-cell-double-agent-tba-20060908025625635.jpg
tom-clancys-splinter-cell-double-agent-tba-20060908025627541.jpg
tom-clancys-splinter-cell-double-agent-tba-20060908025639900.jpg
tom-clancys-splinter-cell-double-agent-tba-20060908025641947.jpg

Last edited:
we should just give the link to ign.com

yah nice, but not nearly as exciting as the cheap plastic steering wheel

I took your advice and included a link.

Um yeah...that steering wheel is...great too (I read up on it more and now I realize it's only a shell; thought it might have extra buttons but no).

I can't even imagine all the different things you'll be able to do in Splinter Cell using the wiimote. It's great how Ubisoft is really supporting Wii like this!

first thing i pictured was bringing the wiimote down fast (or nunchuk) to like wack someone in their neck to knock em out or kill em

i would think it would be like: set your route through the lasers, then you have to use the wiimote on a mini game to get through the lasers without touching em

Oh, nice ideas! In the article they give one example which is moving the wiimote forward and backward to pick locks. I like being able to ram down doors, knocking whoever is standing on the other side out, so it would be cool if you rammed the nunchuk forward at a door to do that.

Argh, great XD

Splinter Cell was a great game on XBox....I still prefer Metal Gear Solid franchise, but I doubt that'll come to Wii. :(

Back