via kotaku
trekconquestlogogp3.jpg

Gamefly said:
Star Trek: Conquest
Publisher: Bethesda
Platform: Wii
Category: Action Adventure
Release Date: 11/30/07

Gamefly lists it in the Action/Adventure genre. Which really doesn't tell you anything. I think Elite Force was the last Trek FPS there was (2001 and 2003), with recent games mostly focusing on space battle, strategy and simulation. The odds of a getting a wiimote/phaser:not good. The odds of someone selling plastic wiimote holders shaped like phasers on ebay regardless: still pretty good.

I would be interested in knowing what that second logo is, the one just left of Bethesda's. If Besthesda is only publishing, and wasn't the developer, knowing who was and what their expertise is could help determine what kind of game it will be.

Since Bethesda seems to only do ship simulations, I don't see a need for a phaser. Not that I wouldn't complain about getting a Star Trek game that used a phaser.

So, my guess is, it will be another Star Trek ship simulation game.

More info from Trek Movie :

Dominion War?
As noted there is nothing out about the game but the box cover (and title) may provide a big hint. It shows symbols for the UFP, Romulans and Klingons on the left and the Dominion, The Breen and the Cardasians on the right. Any DS9 fan will tell you that those are the two sides for the Dominion War. The category for ‘Action/Adventure’ is a bit confusing as one would more like associate a ‘Conquest’ game as a strategy game…but who knows.

LoganSix said:
Since Bethesda seems to only do ship simulations, I don't see a need for a phaser. Not that I wouldn't complain about getting a Star Trek game that used a phaser.

So, my guess is, it will be another Star Trek ship simulation game.

I don't disagree, but did Bethesda develop it, or just publish it? Another game party could have pitched the game to Bethesda, and they reached an agreement to use Bethesda's Trek contract to go forward with it. That's why I'm curious about that second logo.

Alternatively, though their Trek games focused on Space more than people, they did develop Morrowind and Oblivion, so they easily have the expertise and experience to bring that type of gaming to the Trek franchise if they wanted to.

Last edited:
Scheduled for a simultaneous release this Holiday at an estimated MSRP of $29.99 on the Wii.

Whoa. Wii games don't come much cheaper.

I like turn-based strategy, but it's a demanding game design--it has to be done right to be any fun. With a price like that, one wonders if even Bethesda thinks they got it right.

Right as I was about to post a new thread I do a search and find this one ... whew!

Here is the info I found:
All you Trekkies finally have reason to celebrate again:

http://www.product-reviews.net/2007...going-to-a-wii-and-ps2-near-you-this-holiday/

only hint of release date is "The game, which is in time for the big holiday season ..." looks to be "a mix of both strategy and action."

Also available for PS2 - prices annouced as $20 for PS2, $30 for Wii.

Back