the legend of zelda skyward sword

bttlewrnch

WiiChat Member
Jun 15, 2010
Well it finally happened, the legend of zelda skyward sword was anounced today at E3 with a whole new combat control. I can't really knock it yet but from what I saw on stage it didn't look too promising. The new one hands your shield and the other your sword looked to be hard to control and in my opinion might change combat for the worse. Now I hope I'm wrong and wish the best for this classic and epic series but this new wii made zelda looks like it needs some work. The video looked amazing, the game looked wonderful I was empressed with absolutly everything except one of my favorite aspects from the previous games being combat. I feel like most gamers playing it might be swinging the wiimote in anger trying to get link to do what they want rather then in enjoyment. Will the awkwardness of the combat ruin or flurish the new addition in the zelda series? I guess ill find out when I get it.

Wasnt it funny how the enemies looked?? ROFL. It will be interesting indeed..

I think they will polish it up a bit before release, get all the bugs out with the controls. They also said they were getting interference as well on stage so i wouldnt count on what you seen on stage... I think it looks good and i cant wait to play.. im sure once you get playing the game using the shield will come naturally.

I think they will polish it up a bit before release, get all the bugs out with the controls. They also said they were getting interference as well on stage so i wouldnt count on what you seen on stage... I think it looks good and i cant wait to play.. im sure once you get playing the game using the shield will come naturally.

The controls are reported to work perfectly by everyone who played the game at E3. The onstage problems were caused by IR interference, Motion Plus uses the IR to recalibrate itself and all the cellphones, PDAs etc sent it haywire. The exact same thing happened in Wii Sports Resort demos and as that game controls perfectly then expect the same for Zelda.

Actually if you want to experience a demo of Zelda's controls then you can just play WSR, as the swordplay and archery should be very similar.

I feel like most gamers playing it might be swinging the wiimote in anger trying to get link to do what they want rather then in enjoyment.

No. This is what happened with Twilight Princess. In fact, it didn't even matter what direction you swung in because Link would just swing however he wants. With WiiMotion Plus, I think you're not going to really see that problem a whole lot, unless you're standing like six inches from your tv or like six yards.
But how could you tell anything about the combat from that one little video? It didn't demonstrate any controls, just Link braving the expansive new world of the game. I am highly anticipating this game's release, and no combat in Zelda is going to be worse than Zelda II, so don't you even worry.

The controls are reported to work perfectly by everyone who played the game at E3. The onstage problems were caused by IR interference, Motion Plus uses the IR to recalibrate itself and all the cellphones, PDAs etc sent it haywire. The exact same thing happened in Wii Sports Resort demos and as that game controls perfectly then expect the same for Zelda.

Actually if you want to experience a demo of Zelda's controls then you can just play WSR, as the swordplay and archery should be very similar.

I think you may have misquoted me, but i was defending the Zelda control, we both said there was interference, i think the game looks good i personally cant wait to play!!

Back