The Top 25 Wii Games

This may be an ignorant question, but I didn't see what criteria they are basing the top 25 games on. Is it review scores? Or is it sales? Something else? If it's sales, I wonder what the best selling Wii game of all time is (and I DON'T think they should count bundled games, they should choose games we SELECTED for purchase instead of games we simply got because it was packaged with something else that we wanted).

This may be an ignorant question, but I didn't see what criteria they are basing the top 25 games on. Is it review scores? Or is it sales? Something else? If it's sales, I wonder what the best selling Wii game of all time is (and I DON'T think they should count bundled games, they should choose games we SELECTED for purchase instead of games we simply got because it was packaged with something else that we wanted).

IGN mostly based it on their opinion, with some correlation to their review scores. It wasn't a straight list of review scores because they eliminated the yearly versions of franchises, so for example only one Guitar Hero game was listed even though some of the previous ones may have scored higher than other games on the list.

The best selling non bundled Wii game would be Mario Kart (unless you count the plastic wheel as a bundle). New Super Mario Bros has also built up a lot of sales and may eventually surpass it. Most of the other top selling Wii games are in some kind of bundle - like Wii Fit or Wii Sports Resort.

The list I posted is my opinion, but with a current library of 38 Wii games and having played the majority of Wii releases to date (with exception of the obvious shovelware) I know that it has most of the best Wii games listed. 25 is quite a hard number to fill because of some games being good quality but in really different genres, so I actually think that a top 50 list would be much easier to do.

Back