Timesplitters 2?

JAKE196

Cogito Ergo Sum
Sep 21, 2007
Williamsburg, VA (U.S.A.)
How is this game compared to timeSplitters 3?

In terms of single player, multi-player modes, etc.

I loved 3 and I'm thinking about getting 2 because GC games are dirt cheap now.

Also is this game too similar to 3 to be worth getting?

well ign had it as 1 of the top 25 gamecubes ever, so ya, i think it must be worth it considering they are as cheap as garbage

zapasant93 said:
well ign had it as 1 of the top 25 gamecubes ever, so ya, i think it must be worth it considering they are as cheap as garbage
yeah i know thats why I'm considering it, saw it on ign.

so anyone here played it so they can answer my q's

Played both.

Couldn't get enough of Timesplitters 2.

3 disappointed me though, Got a little too ridiculous.

3 has a better multiplayer(with bots) and I prefer its levels. 3 also had a lot more voice acting and a tighter story flow with longer levels and varied goals.

Cortez is a lot different in 2... he's a straight Riddick clone. 2 also relies on the same mission each level. Get crystal, find time gate with some mini-missions tossed in. And unless you play on the harder difficulties, some levels end within a few minutes. Harry Tipper also has a different voice in part 2... sounds like a bad Bruce Campbell impersonation.

I preferred part 3 for the most part. The only levels in 2 that really impressed me were the Chicago and western levels.

FWIW, part 1 is skippable. It was a PS2 exclusive with N64-era graphics and no real story. It felt more like a beta project that someone released to stores just to get something on shelves.

Back