When I get my Wii Online...

FLYNNN

Join The Sonic Fan Club!
Dec 8, 2007
Massachusetts
Wii Online Code
0204-2578-2014-7346
How will I get my friend code? When I set up my online will it just give me a friend code? How easy is setting up online? And how far would the Wii find a wi-fi connection? I have a D-Link if that matters at all.

You can get your WiiCode offline if you want, just go to Message Board Memo through the Wii Menu. Setting up online was pretty easy for me but I use a wired connection; no idea for Wi-Fi.

Yea setting up is easy and it goes pretty far on the wifi I mean my wifi is on the bottom floor and my Wii is whole floor up with at least five walls in the way and I even get a full connection I even got one of my neighbors on a really low connection three hoses down so I think that it shouldn't be a problem.

Whatever D1nner said is half-right. He's only talking about the messaging system from wii to wii (without the games) friend codes. On the other hand, if you're gonna play online, you will get a separate friend code for that game, and you must add your friends who has those games again. (unless you play Medal of Honors : Heroes 2, which i recommend once u get ur wii online... They don't require the friend codes thing, and can support 32 people with almost no lag and keeps 60 fps almost 98% of the time!)

Each online wii game has its own specific wii code that you give to friends in order to better communicate and for them to be added into your buddy list within the game(note that you still have to add them even if they are already in ur address book).

Setting up online for the Wii is rather easy. It really depends upon which method, but I found all of them to be very easy, unless your Router is Belkin. Just pretty much follow simple directions that you can find on the manual. Since you said you have wireless "D-Link" connection if that is 54.0 mbps B/G router then ur fine. The Wii can connect to pretty much any connection within your house up to your neighbor's. It is recommended that the Wii is pretty close and you have a full signal of your broadband connection.

Please rep if I somehow helped xD

phillepino said:
Whatever D1nner said is half-right. He's only talking about the messaging system from wii to wii (without the games) friend codes. On the other hand, if you're gonna play online, you will get a separate friend code for that game, and you must add your friends who has those games again. (unless you play Medal of Honors : Heroes 2, which i recommend once u get ur wii online... They don't require the friend codes thing, and can support 32 people with almost no lag and keeps 60 fps almost 98% of the time!)

Each online wii game has its own specific wii code that you give to friends in order to better communicate and for them to be added into your buddy list within the game(note that you still have to add them even if they are already in ur address book).

Setting up online for the Wii is rather easy. It really depends upon which method, but I found all of them to be very easy, unless your Router is Belkin. Just pretty much follow simple directions that you can find on the manual. Since you said you have wireless "D-Link" connection if that is 54.0 mbps B/G router then ur fine. The Wii can connect to pretty much any connection within your house up to your neighbor's. It is recommended that the Wii is pretty close and you have a full signal of your broadband connection.

Please rep if I somehow helped xD
You helped I repped, I plan on having my Wii one wall away. As for how good my connection is all I know is I have Verizon Fios, my laptops internet comes from it, I play Xbox Live from it, and PSP online, so I think it can handle the Wii.:lol:

So..... I am connected wirelessly, no prob. And I want to be able to send photos, (or post them in my message board) so that my friend can get them on their wii. How do I do this? I can't seem to find a code anywhere, or any option to search for a friend?

Back