Who's going to become rich off my idea?

Duckss

WiiChat Member
Jul 6, 2007
This is so simple, but I can't find any references to it in these forums.
The next logical step (without living 'fantasy land') is to go 3D (or Wii-D ?)
Here's the plan......
One of you smart guys out there with far too much time on there hands to link up 2 Wii processors so that they can run the same game together, at the same time.
The only difference is 1 Wii is looking at the game from 3-1/2 degrees off angle to the other one. The game image is shown as alternate frames from each processor, or "perspective"
The player then wears a pair of LCD shutter glasses that is syncronized to shut off the left or right lens depending on the image perspective being shown. The shutter Speed would be far too quick for the eye to pick up, so you would effecively have a Wii-D view of the game, just like the in 3d cinemas.
This technology exists but to the best of my (limited) knowledge no-one has applied it to gaming.
Has anyone tried?
Any reason it wouldn't work?

Wii-D gaming.............:crazy:

(please PM me so I can tell you where to send the royalty cheques)

QUACK !

Well, even look at the apache helmets. It is simple to have a system interference connected to the human head. by swiveling your head the 30mm cannon mounted on the apache swivels to your view, including aim. This same motion sensing could be used to "view the perspective" in the game itself. So you would move your head and the screen would pan in the game.

Really it is just the technology becoming available for public use and then of course there is the expense of the technology. I am afraid my friend this is just another case of "we are ahead of our time". Which is common.

Last edited:
I'm not sure it is all that far ahead.
Check out http://www.3dmagic.com/
It looks like they sell most of the hardwre off the shelf.
All it takes is for a genius to get the 2 different angle perspectives out of the Wii.

Should be in stores by X-mas LOL......

Long Live Wii-D

Quack.

OK, just remeber the magic word.......ROYALTIES (can be issued in hardware/software)

Duckss said:
This is so simple, but I can't find any references to it in these forums.
The next logical step (without living 'fantasy land') is to go 3D (or Wii-D ?)
Here's the plan......
One of you smart guys out there with far too much time on there hands to link up 2 Wii processors so that they can run the same game together, at the same time.
The only difference is 1 Wii is looking at the game from 3-1/2 degrees off angle to the other one. The game image is shown as alternate frames from each processor, or "perspective"
The player then wears a pair of LCD shutter glasses that is syncronized to shut off the left or right lens depending on the image perspective being shown. The shutter Speed would be far too quick for the eye to pick up, so you would effecively have a Wii-D view of the game, just like the in 3d cinemas.
This technology exists but to the best of my (limited) knowledge no-one has applied it to gaming.
Has anyone tried?
Any reason it wouldn't work?

Wii-D gaming.............:crazy:

(please PM me so I can tell you where to send the royalty cheques)

QUACK !
Hmm, interesting...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LCD_shutter_glasses

Sounds like they don't have it quite "down" yet. Likewise, everyone playing would have to have a pair of these shutter glasses (from the same TV at least). It sounds like it would also require certain TV's (not applicable if you have an old cathode ray tube).

Also sounds as though the thing had already been thought up of, and probably would have been patented (in some form) already. Perhaps we'll see it's use with the successor to the Wii...

I don't think i want to wear crappy glasses just to play games. But, I don't mind a Wii-HD though :D

ericlewis91 said:
what that idea makes no sense..the wii doesnt support virutal 3D
It does make sense.

1. Two pictures get sent to the TV, slightly different - essentially emulating the view from 2 seperate eyes.
2. The TV displays a frame of each, consecutively (one after another). So, the image from "pseudo-eye1" would be followed by "pseudo-eye2". Then repeat.
3. A pair of glasses, specifically designed so that the left eye can see frame one but not frame 2, and the right eye can see frame 2 but not frame 3.

This would however make it seem as though the refresh rate was halved...

Also, it could give way to less-accuracy in first person shooters and such.

Overall interesting idea, but there would have to be some way of making sure the glasses; a, got the right frequency and b, showed the correct perspective to the correct eye. Also c, that the glasses would work properly (i.e. no epileptic fits, no headaches and such). Also the glasses would be required to work for anyone actually watching, anyone who didn't have the special glasses would see almost like a shimmery blur.

This seems like it's based on human eyes essentially, creating 3d imaging from two slightly different pictures.

Back