Wii as Therapy

MrKlown

Weird Guy
Oct 9, 2006
Martha, KY
I had to share this just because I think it's the coolest thing ever. My sister works at a nursing home for the elderly and she informed me that the old people there are using the Wii as their main activity. They are even using it for rehabilitation patients in there. I wish they would let me take a video camera in there so I can show you all how hilarious it is to watch 10 or so old men and women, nearing their 90s, playing bowling. Just had to share that is all.

That's really cool. Plus, they're not gonna ***** about the lack of high def since most of them have cataracts and can't see very well.

I had heard something about Wii used as therapy in another place. Anyway, it's great to hear it again, it means it's expanding its use as treatment.

Zarogan said:
I had heard something about Wii used as therapy in another place. Anyway, it's great to hear it again, it means it's expanding its use as treatment.

yeah i've heard about it at multiple places

and thank you for having your avy, as house just started two minutes ago and i almost forgot about it

Yeah my mom is like a boss over a district of nursing homes and she told me that they ordered Wii's a week or so ago.

Yup, Ninty really pulled this one off.

My sister is a physical therapist and her office just got a wii about a month ago. There showing up in hospitals, therapies, YMCA's, and even libraries.

That is actually very nice. I am glad that the Wii is helping people out in so many different ways. Thanks for sharing this.

The elderly, people with weak bones can play the Wii properly and yet there's still parents saying that it isn't safe enough...

mushroomedmario said:
yeah i've heard about it at multiple places

and thank you for having your avy, as house just started two minutes ago and i almost forgot about it
lol, no problem ;)

Back