Wii chat room

I think a wii chatroom would be great, unfortunatly they are hard to implement.

1. browser-based chat clients all suck, so there goes that one.
2. everyone uses different chat clients, so not everyone could use a AIM, Yahoo, or ICQ chatroom.
3. IRC is probably the best option and most easily moderated, but it is dying out and a lot of younger people would not know how to use it.

CashMoneyGifford said:
I think a wii chatroom would be great, unfortunatly they are hard to implement.

1. browser-based chat clients all suck, so there goes that one.
2. everyone uses different chat clients, so not everyone could use a AIM, Yahoo, or ICQ chatroom.
3. IRC is probably the best option and most easily moderated, but it is dying out and a lot of younger people would not know how to use it.

That's actually funny, because just earlier today I was suggesting a irc channel for Wiichat in the mod forum.
But you have a good point. There are a lot of kids here who have enough trouble setting up their wii for online.
The forums would be flooded with help threads on how to use irc.

Prez said:
That's actually funny, because just earlier today I was suggesting a irc channel for Wiichat in the mod forum.
But you have a good point. There are a lot of kids here who have enough trouble setting up their wii for online.
The forums would be flooded with help threads on how to use irc.

I'd be down, IRC is always good for time-wasting-good-time and bash.org quotes.

If you are interested there are some browser web based IRC clients you can use, but most of them aren't that pretty.

some off the top of my head:

http://cgiirc.sourceforge.net/ (best one imo)
http://www.pjirc.com/main.php
http://www.rlscnetwork.com/sharedresources/chat.html

Ive used IRC before [mIRC client] i could look into setting up a room. i dont think its too hard to set one up and i'll be on it constantly since the Teamspeak didnt take off too well.

Redan499 said:
Ive used IRC before [mIRC client] i could look into setting up a room. i dont think its too hard to set one up and i'll be on it constantly since the Teamspeak didnt take off too well.
Actually, I still need to talk to the other mods, and i0n about it.
And then we can think of a smart way of doing it, that will be the most beneficial to everyone.
But thank you for the offer, I'll definitely let you know as soon as we know what we're doing.

i know

There are so many people flooding the forums...like for example...i just want to know how to beat a certain level..then i just ask on the chat room and someone can answer instanly instead of waiting a forum!

Not if its a zelda or a long level
That whould best be a topic

But there was a chat room on here once (I know I used it)
It was mostly dead but now whould be a good time to ring it back

Darkprinny said:

WiiChat never had a chatroom. But I have seen some wii chat members with links to a chatroom client that joins a room based on the website you are on. I'd imagine it was something like that, but anyway if wiichat were to get an official chatroom that would definatly not be the way to go.

An IRC chatroom that could also be accessed on the website vis java or cgi client would be the best way to go.

I think a chatroom would be a great idea, but it could flop too. There's wiichat members Internationally, so a lot of people are in very different time zones. Which could limit the amount of users at one time. I definatly think its worth a shot though.

Darkprinny said:
Yea I remember that. There was only 2 people in it. Too bad, I'm sure with all the new people it would be alot more active.

Back