Wii remote broken motion?

WiiGod

WiiChat Member
Nov 30, 2006
England
Wii Online Code
3258-9028-1778-7785
All the buttons on the remote work fine, the pointing also works fine however no motion is detected, this is my second remote so I do know how to sync n stuff so its not that because my other remote works fine, I received the remote with WiiPlay before I had my console and lent to my mate.

All I want to know is has this happened to anyone? And can it be fixed? And if not whom do I need to contact to get a new one as I have hardly used it at all I really do not want to pay for a new one myself...

What do you mean pointing works fine but no motion? Do you mean you can choose things on the screen, but if you swing it like in Wii Sports for baseball it doesn't work?

CoreyNJ said:
What do you mean pointing works fine but no motion? Do you mean you can choose things on the screen, but if you swing it like in Wii Sports for baseball it doesn't work?

Yeah thats exactly how it is, I swing move whatever happens nothing is detected but i can point at things and select them.

I had a similar problem (execpt that it thought it was always in motion instead of no motion). Call up Nintendo and they should replace it for you.

Kamikaze said:
Try adjusting the sensitivity within the controller.

There are no sensitivity settings for the motion sensing aspect of the remotes. The sensitivity adjustment is for the pointer functionality (which he says works fine).

I had a remote that thought it was always in motiong. If I started up Baseball, the bat was constantly swinging, even if the remote was sitting untouched on a table. Nintendo replaced it for free.

go to mynintendo.com or whatever and get it replaced. And in the meantime, tryin flippin it upside down so the 1 2 A buttons (the top) is facing the floor and give it some love taps on the battery cover. They're pretty durable so don't be afraid to whack it. Your problem is exactly what happened to me, and this worked for me. Except I only had had my Wii for a day. And no wiimotes to be found. I was dying.

Back