Xbox fan new to the Wii

XB3P

Old Skool Toadstool
Dec 31, 2007
Florida
Hey Im a long time gamer new to your site. Ive been a member of the same xbox forum for 6 years. I have always been a big fan of nintendo since the NES. We have a xbox 360 a Nintendo DS, Nintendo gamecube and I just got my 8 yr old daughter a Wii for Xmas. I am impressed with Mario Galaxy so far. Playing all the games in the series so far I can say this one is one of the best. Nothing can come close to the feeling of beating the First Super Mario Bros. but I was 8 and that was 20 years ago:sick: . I also got Guitar hero III for the Wii. The integration of the Wii remote and the guitar is nice, My daughter got Cooking mama, Monkeyball, My Sims also and is hooked on cooking mama and mysims.
I also bought the WIFI usb adapter. It worked for a couple days now im having problems with it. Im waiting to call Nintendo this afternoon for tech support.

All in all Im pretty impressed with the Wii. Im anxious to see what and how fast content arrives like guitar hero downloads and more games and such.

Well its nice to join your site and if you have any advice on must have games or future content coming out it would be much appreciated.

To answer some of your questions:

For the Wifi Adapter just re-install the program. That usually does the trick, Also make sure the Adapter is flashing.

For GHIII, Downloadable content has been confirmed for the new year :)

Wii_Smurf said:
To answer some of your questions:

For the Wifi Adapter just re-install the program. That usually does the trick, Also make sure the Adapter is flashing.

For GHIII, Downloadable content has been confirmed for the new year :)

Thanks but I tried that. It worked no problem. Then everytime I shut my Pc down it wouldnt work when I restarted till I used a different usb port. I eventually ran out of usb ports. Then I un-installed the software and now during installation when it says plug the adapter in it freezes. In device manager it shows unknown device and its working properly but it has no driver and when I try to install it manually off the disc or the website it says its not better than the driver its using. Its really been a pain as I have been playing with it for about 4 hours total.

Thanks for the quick help though.

Back