DBloke

An ancient one, banner of over a thousand acunts
Staff member
May 30, 2006
Super Mancyland
Wii Online Code
8041-7231-3447-6164
The first could've been better.
Will it be like Red steel and the sequel will sort out the problems with the first?
(I do remember predicting a sequel)

By Tom Phillips Published Tuesday, 14 May 2013
Ubisoft is currently prototyping a sequel to its well-received Wii U survival horror ZombiU.
That's according to Ubisoft Montpellier's Jean-Philippe Caro, who mentioned the project to a fan via Twitter (as spotted by NeoGAF).
"Thank you for your interest in ZombiU," Caro wrote, having been questioned about the likelihood of a sequel. "The team is working hard on a prototype. It's too soon to tell you more."
That the project is merely being prototyped suggests the game has yet to be formerly green-lit, something Ubisoft has since confirmed to Eurogamer.
"Our teams are constantly working on creating and developing ideas," a spokesperson told us. "We have nothing further to share at this moment."
ZombiU studio Ubisoft Montpellier is also responsible for Rayman Legends, which is Michel Ancel's colourful Wii U platformer that was delayed so accompanying PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions could be built.

The studio is also home to the on-again off-again development of Beyond Good & Evil 2. In the absence of any recent developments on that project and the fact that Rayman Legends is largely finished, a ZombiU sequel seems a good fit for the studio's next project

Not that I've played ZombiU yet, but if they made a sequel which will be what Red Steel 2 was t' the original poor game, it'd no doubt be a fantastic game.

i still have the first game sealed...

idk horror games for me...i have to be in the mood to play...havnt been in the mood for zombies yet..

If it's significantly better received than the first one, I may have to pick it up.

I'm pretty sure I know literally nothing about that series.

Gameplay or lore-wise?

The WiiU trailer for it shows a bit of it. It's a FPS/RPG hybrid, a potentially great genre if done right. You can play using stealth to guns-a-blazing style or whatever else you have at your disposal. There's hacking, non-lethal takedowns, explosives, and the like. Great art style as well.

The first Deus Ex is actually my favorite game ever. Gameplay is timeless and the story is superb.
If you mean you won't know what's going on with the lore due to it being a sequel in a series, this sums it up with no spoilers beyond the intro.

Compared to the first one its crud.

First one let us do things the way we wanted, HR wants us to be hidden all the damn time.

Alpha protocol is closer to a proper DE game than HR

Compared to the first one its crud.

First one let us do things the way we wanted, HR wants us to be hidden all the damn time.

Alpha protocol is closer to a proper DE game than HR

That was one of the bigger issues which got annoying. You could make so much chaos without worrying over choosing a certain playstyle. HR still lets you play how you wanted, but you get less XP for using aggressive approaches.

That reminds me. The WiiU version of HR changes boss fights so you can avoid direct confrontations by hacking turrets and such.

Will have to check out Alpha Protocol soon. SS2 made my DX urges resurface.

AP is a bloody cheap game,

The first mission on DE sets the standard for the rest of the game.
Do you
>Go through the front door all guns blazing?
>Go through the front door by gassing/tranquilizing everyone?
>Go through the front door by sniping people from a distance?
>Hack the turret to kill everyone?
>Avoid everyone and sneak in?
>Use the back entrance

Back