A bunch of new brawl info

I know this probably a really stupid question but what do you all mean by "nerfed", would that be like gotten rid of.

Nerfed means to be tuned down. Like a move got weaker, laggier, or less range ect.
Oh and Fyi, buffed is the opposite, more power, or less lag, better range or all of the above ect.

Just to let you know, just because I'm a teenager doesn't mean I'm hip on the new lingo. Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.

If Zeldas fire move thing was "nerfed", Does this mean it's basically a minor annoyance to the opponent and barely does any harm?

Last edited:
Nefred thats how the spelt it in that article could this mean it was powerd up
nerfed is differnt to nefred maybe typo?

Maybe, that's a good point. Nice catch, but who knows, it could be a typo.

@JLU- That's fine, I just learned all these terms not to long ago. It's all thanks to smashboards.
And in a way yes, if Zelda's >B got nerfed, then it would be slightly more useless than it was in Melee.

TJgamer said:
Maybe, that's a good point. Nice catch, but who knows, it could be a typo.

@JLU- That's fine, I just learned all these terms not to long ago. It's all thanks to smashboards.
And in a way yes, if Zelda's >B got nerfed, then it would be slightly more useless than it was in Melee.

why would they do that???

Do what? The nerfing of the Din's fire? You got me there, if anything I thought it would of got buffed, but oh well.

TJgamer said:
Do what? The nerfing of the Din's fire? You got me there, if anything I thought it would of got buffed, but oh well.

yeah the nerfing thats what i meant

Maybe her other moves will be getting a good buffing?
Or maybe it's sheik>.>? Who knows.

Obviously their has been some big power differences in past and I think they'd want some more equality but there will still be power differences. MetaKnight is looking to be a really good character, nice fluid controls and nice power and is a new comer while series vets such as Fox have been nerfed.

Yep, it seems that they are trying to balance everybody out. Which I think is a good thing.
I'm sure that Zelda will have her share of improvements,in order to help balance her.

TJgamer said:
Maybe her other moves will be getting a good buffing?
Or maybe it's sheik>.>? Who knows.

well im a sheik user (my fav character from melee) and i would prefer seeing her as a separate character. That way she will have a ↓B for herself and not the transforming back 2 zelda. Plus i never did play with zelda, I always hold down A and start as sheik.

True, many people did that and just used Shiek. Leaving Zelda only as a waste of a down B.
That is a possiblity, for them to be seperate, I'm also hoping Sheik makes it back someway or form. She was a good opponent.

Back