a few questions for the wii experts

proper_threads

WiiChat Member
Jun 2, 2007
Greetings...

I'm very new to the wii. On a spur of the moment thing this last week I decided I wanted to buy the wii, so i called every store in town, only 1 place had it, so I went there and picked it up....
So far I only have about an hour of playing it, but its been fun so far....

But I have a few questions for the wii experts:

1) Do we have(or are we going to have) a comparable choice of games to the other systems? (360/ps3) At first glance it seems 360 has the game choice dominated....

2) Whats the real deal on the graphics/performance of the wii? At first glance Paper mario seems to the a big buzz game, but it seems awfully behind on graphics, it looks like an old gamecube or n64 version on mario...(i could be wrong, I only played it for 30 minutes) ...your thoughts?

3) The only way to get my wife to be okay with the $ spent on the wii is to get plenty of Co-op and multi-player games(she loves to play game consoles together), can you please visit this thread to share your input on this.... ( http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii...-games-multi-player-games-wii.html#post428470 )

4) One selling point to me was download-able nes, n64, etc games. I dig some of the classics! BUT when viewing the wii shop/store I found a VERY limited amount of these. When will that store be loaded with choices? Do we have any idea?

AND...While you are replying, would you list your top 5 game recommendations for me and top 3 future games that will be musts? (not VR)

Thanks in advance! :cool:

Last edited:
1. No the 360 beats the Wii's ass as of now.
2. They suck. The Wii doesn't have too good of graphics anyway but the games with the best graphics were just GC ports anyway.

There aren't five games I would recommend, so i will just say to get Zelda and Super Paper Mario.

paintba||er said:
1. No the 360 beats the Wii's ass as of now.
2. They suck. The Wii doesn't have too good of graphics anyway but the games with the best graphics were just GC ports anyway.

There aren't five games I would recommend, so i will just say to get Zelda and Super Paper Mario.
Wow, you're REALLY ignorant he said he is interested in MULTIPLAYER games not one player games. So if you're going to keep posting posts like you just did don't post at all.

Samus101 said:
Wow, you're REALLY ignorant he said he is interested in MULTIPLAYER games not one player games. So if you're going to keep posting posts like you just did don't post at all.
What crawled up your ass? He said multiplayer in number three, which he has a separate thread for, but at the end he asked for the top game recommendations, no mention of multiplayer. All I did was tell him the truth, so there is nothing wrong with my post.

paintba||er said:

What crawled up your ass? He said multiplayer in number three, which he has a separate thread for, but at the end he asked for the top game recommendations, no mention of multiplayer. All I did was tell him the truth, so there is nothing wrong with my post.

Not the truth, your ignorant opinion.

1) Do we have(or are we going to have) a comparable choice of games to the other systems? (360/ps3) At first glance it seems 360 has the game choice dominated....

One day wii will
One day

2) Whats the real deal on the graphics/performance of the wii? At first glance Paper mario seems to the a big buzz game, but it seems awfully behind on graphics, it looks like an old gamecube or n64 version on mario...(i could be wrong, I only played it for 30 minutes) ...your thoughts?

There xbox + xbox
Ie not the best but can still look good

4) One selling point to me was download-able nes, n64, etc games. I dig some of the classics! BUT when viewing the wii shop/store I found a VERY limited amount of these. When will that store be loaded with choices? Do we have any idea?

They add new wii stuff every week for direct download

AND...Will you are replying, would you list your top 5 game recommendations for me and top 3 future games that will be musts?

What on
Virtual console

We dont have as many games because the 360 has been out way longer like a year or sumhin

Graphics are good sort of invetween p2 and hi def .

They add new wii stuff every week for direct download

AND...Will you are replying, would you list your top 5 game recommendations for me and top 3 future games that will be musts?

The godfather
Mario strikers
Zelda
Paper mario

Darkprinny said:
1)

What on
Virtual console

Wii games, not VR.

thnx

paintba||er said:

Thats what he asked for, so I told him the truth. Yes gameplay is more important than graphics, but graphics still add alot to the game.

take you fanboyism else where

Wii_BrEnDo2007 said:
take you fanboyism else where
What fanboyism? I'm not being a ****ing fanboy, I'm just answering his questions truthfully and getting insulted by all the fanboys because it conflicts with their love for the Wii. Damn, I can't say anything negative against the Wii on here or I get raped by a bunch of fanboys.

1) 360 has been out much longer, so it has more games. It will ALWAYS have a different type of game geared towards a different audience.

2) The graphics are what they are, sorry, it was not made to boast graphics, and never advertised them.

3) Check out Warioware for multiplayer, you need to beat the campaign to unlock multiplayer but its great. Also, Tiger Woods, and Wii sports have great multiplayer. I have not played Red Steel, but I have heard good things on multiplayer. MP8, SMS, Rayman also.

4) There are limited amounts, yet there are always new ones added. If there is a specific game that you want to play, use an emulator for now until the Wii gets it, its free. Can I ask, what game do you want to play that the Wii does not have to offer?

I'm no expert but here's my opinion:

1) If you search online or are in-touch with Wii gaming news, many 3rd party developers are shifting focus to the Wii finding a way to cash in on the Wii's big success after launch. Wii games are also much cheaper to produce and develope in contrast to XBox 360/PS3 games...

2) I hate the way Super Paper Mario graphic's are too, but just give it some time like all other systems after about a year the games will start to look better...

3) I will post on other thread...

4) Well as far as I know, new Virtual Console games are added on weekly basis. But you know it's bussiness, so essentially Nintendo is gonna save the best games for last so they can cash in on the games we have now on the Virtual Console plus they don't want to flood the market with so many Virtual Console games all at once. Give it time most if not all popular games will be eventually released on the Virtual Console...

Here's my 5:

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mario Stikers Chrarged Football (Europe)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (Wii version plays better than other version due to Wii Remote)
Warioware Smooth Moves (More like a tech demo, but makes great use of the Wii Remote)
SSX Blur (Great use of Wii Remote for tricks after some practice and getting use to)

Future games:

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Resident Evil 4 (If you haven't already played the game)
Super Smash Bros Brawl (If there is online play)
Final Fantasy Crystal Bearers (For RGP lovers)
Disaster: Day of Crisis (but very little is known about the game)
Super Mario Galaxy (Another Super Mario game but hopefully better this time)
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (More mini's better graphics)
Soul Calibur Legends (Hopefully it's a fighting game)
Project Rygar (Little known)

Last edited:
Back