A Plethora of Sensor Bar Questions

RJU690

WiiChat Member
Mar 31, 2007
Atlanta
Due to the myriad of questions I have, I think it is best to list them in numerical order for your convenience.

1. My Nintendo Wii becomes excessively jittery and jumps all over the screen at 8 feet and the cursor disappears at 11 feet. There are no interferences such as infrared radiation in the room that I am using the Nintendo Wii. Is this behavior normal?

2. I am using a CRT big-screen television. I have heard on this forum that big-screen televisions may reduce the effective range of the Nintendo Wii's sensor bar. Can you confirm the validity of this statement?

3. Based on the information above, do you believe my two Nintendo Wii remotes or my sensor bar are faulty?

4. If you believe I possess faulty hardware, what course of action should I take?

5. Are there third-party sensor bars that are more effective than the one that came with the Nintendo Wii?

6. What do you know about the effectiveness and process of constructing your own sensor bar?

7. In another thread entitled "How far can you Wii?" on this forum someone mentioned "high-powering a Wii" that would increase its range too "100 ft. or so". Is this true?

8. Which is the most effective sensor bar: a third-party sensor bar, a self-constructed sensor bar, a "high powered Wii", or a combination of the above?

I greatly appreciate your responses in advance.

1. The range is just about 10 feet so if you go further than that the signal is weaker and there for it would be jittery.

2. I dont think that is true but i could be wrong cause i dont have a big screen tv.

3. No they are fine

4. But they make a new senor bar that is wire less and has a much longer range up to 25 feet. that would answer 5 too

5. answered in 4.

6. Well you can use candles on top of your tv or some flash ligths that would be the cheapest... i am sure there are other ways i just dont know them

7. I dont know if thats true

8. I would say the wireless third party one

i hope that all helped

I'm building a wireless sensor.. I'll report back how it works.

I got most of the parts from great plains software. I got 10 LEDs and 2 AA battery holders (holds 3 batts) for about 9 bucks.

I plan on getting 2 project boxes from radio shack (about $3 a piece). Then putting 4 LEDs in each box with the battery holder. So now I have 2 wireless sensors I can position anywhereI want, and with my projector, should work great.

legbuh said:
I'm building a wireless sensor.. I'll report back how it works.

I got most of the parts from great plains software. I got 10 LEDs and 2 AA battery holders (holds 3 batts) for about 9 bucks.

I plan on getting 2 project boxes from radio shack (about $3 a piece). Then putting 4 LEDs in each box with the battery holder. So now I have 2 wireless sensors I can position anywhereI want, and with my projector, should work great.

Cool, thanks a lot.:)

the_next_tiger said:
dude, you should return your Wii

Do you think my problem involves something with the sensor bar, the Wii Remote, or the actual console itself? And what about "high-powering" your Nintendo Wii to give you a range of 100 feet as mentioned in the recent thread "How far can you Wii"? I am confused.

dont return you wii thats really dumb just play closer to the bar or buy the strong sensor bar you dont need a new wii.

Back