about downloading

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

WiiChat Member
May 17, 2006
Ca
On the nintendo site they mention in the hardware about downloading older games, but they mention fan favorite titles as if they will only allow popular fan-favorite games to be downloaded, will just about every game from nes/snes/n64 (they mentioned sega genesis too) be accessible?:confused: Is the fee thing a possibility as well? I really wouldnt mind a fee as long as i can get some older games that were'nt exactly the most favorable.

there will be fee for downloading all the vc games (except for possible freebies by voucher or something)

as for which games, i imagine they will start with the games that did well back in the day, where the line will be drawn i can't say but there is always the certainty that more can and will be added later.

from what i can tell, from a legal standpoint sega (and nintendo) can only bring over the games that they own rights to, third party developers will have to make the choice for their games but not much has been said about third party support for the vc

phimuajedi69 said:
there will be fee for downloading all the vc games (except for possible freebies by voucher or something)

as for which games, i imagine they will start with the games that did well back in the day, where the line will be drawn i can't say but there is always the certainty that more can and will be added later.

from what i can tell, from a legal standpoint sega (and nintendo) can only bring over the games that they own rights to, third party developers will have to make the choice for their games but not much has been said about third party support for the vc
makes sense to me...

phimuajedi69 said:

Yeah I cant see Nintendo not giving some sort of freebie. Dont expect any great, just something to tease you and that will make you want to pay some of those old classics. Laugh if you may, I looking forward to Bill Lambeer's Combat Basketball. Hudson announced that they would support Nintendo. I'm hoping this is one of their games.

wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! said:
On the nintendo site they mention in the hardware about downloading older games, but they mention fan favorite titles as if they will only allow popular fan-favorite games to be downloaded, will just about every game from nes/snes/n64 (they mentioned sega genesis too) be accessible?:confused: Is the fee thing a possibility as well? I really wouldnt mind a fee as long as i can get some older games that were'nt exactly the most favorable.
Dude, would you have to go to a website or something to download games?:confused:

andreas221 said:
Dude, would you have to go to a website or something to download games?:confused:

Yes. Nintendo is offering online services with the Wii. Nintendo is working with Opera for internet connection. It may be located somewhere on the home page. Really dont know.

I wander if they will reformat the game code for the Wii to make the games compatible with the new Wii controller (think Mario).

If the games are the standard .v64 (or other current extentions) format then that's OK.

I looking forward to Bill Lambeer's Combat Basketball

Man i loved that game!

Yeah I cant see Nintendo not giving some sort of freebie. Dont expect any great, just something to tease you and that will make you want to pay some of those old classics.

You may be right, it could be a standard out of the box freebie. personally i'm hoping for a free download (ie. you get to pick your free game)

I can see them eventually changing games such as Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda or metroid to eventually use the wii-mote in some way, but not every game.

Jesse said:
Yes. Nintendo is offering online services with the Wii. Nintendo is working with Opera for internet connection. It may be located somewhere on the home page. Really dont know.
The Opera site for Nintendo just lauched yesterday but for Wii they have coming soon. The DS Lite one is availible on the site. Just click the words in my signature to get to it.

Rsrichards2nd said:
I can see them eventually changing games such as Mario Bros, Legend of Zelda or metroid to eventually use the wii-mote in some way, but not every game.

Developers wouldn't waste time with Manipulating old games to make them work with the Wii Remote, they have already decided on the Virtual Console remote and probably won't change their minds. Plus it would take away from the classic appeal of the game if they added new things to it.

- Scythe

yeah, I don't see how you could play half the games on the snes with the wiimote. Imagine playing LoZ:Link to the Past,
I pretty well agree with scyther

phimuajedi69 said:
Actuall, Temco have recently announced that they will be supporting the virtual console. Temco did numerous titles, including the original Ninja Gaiden games on the NES.

The virtual console will be played with the classic controller:
wii_standard_controller.jpg

I'd love to see al the older titles updated with new graphics personally. Imagine the original Mario bros with the kind of graphics of New Mario Bros (Hey a guy can dream can't he?! :p)

Last edited:
Back