Airport Express And Wii Help

Bloom

WiiChat Member
Jan 18, 2007
Hello, I'm brand new to these boards, and to the Wii as well, so please forgive me in advance if this question has been asked before.

I'm a Mac user and access the internet wirelessly using Airport Express. I can get online with my Wii only if I disable security on my Airport Express, (which admittedly makes me nervous). If I try to get online with security turned on however, I run into problems. The Wii asks me for a password, which I assume is the password I use to access my wireless internet network on my Mac/Airport Express, however the Wii does not accept it, stating that it is an incorrect password. I've been trying now for over two weeks to figure this out, and have reached a point of great frustration.

Are there any other Mac users who have successfully gotten Airport Express setup with their Wii, AND left security on? I'm obviously doing something wrong with the password, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Bloom

Last edited:
Bloom said:
Hello, I'm brand new to these boards, and to the Wii as well, so please forgive me in advance if this question has been asked before.

I'm a Mac user and access the internet wirelessly using Airport Express. I can get online with my Wii only if I disable security on my Airport Express, (which admittedly makes me nervous). If I try to get online with security turned on however, I run into problems. The Wii asks me for a password, which I assume is the password I use to access my wireless internet network on my Mac/Airport Express, however the Wii does not accept it, stating that it is an incorrect password. I've been trying now for over two weeks to figure this out, and have reached a point of great frustration.

Are there any other Mac users who have successfully gotten Airport Express setup with their Wii, AND left security on? I'm obviously doing something wrong with the password, but for the life of me, I can't figure out what.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Bloom
I have a mac but I have a linksys wirless router, I am working up an Idea of trying a ethernet-airport internet sharing connection Ill test tonight, making the mac the wireless router, but connected to ethernet cable

It's not asking for your login password, it's looking for the security key. However, I really can't help you with finding that. I'm in the same boat as ocdan, Mac user with a Linksys router.

I've connected my Wii to my Airport Extreme, which one would think would be the same process. Registerednerd is correct, you need the WEP password. You should be able to find it by running the Airport Admin Utility, then click configure, click base station, select equivalent network password, and the one you want is the hex.

Unsanity said:
I've connected my Wii to my Airport Extreme, which one would think would be the same process. Registerednerd is correct, you need the WEP password. You should be able to find it by running the Airport Admin Utility, then click configure, click base station, select equivalent network password, and the one you want is the hex.
Thanks for the help; I found the HEX number, and it worked like a charm. Now, I just need to figure out how to get my Mii's to travel. I have them set up to travel, have Wii Connect 24 turned on, entered in some of my friends Wii codes, but still no Mii exchanges. Am I missing something?

Thanks!

OK... another Mac user with problems.

I have an Apple Base V5.6.

I don't know how to find (or whatit is ) my SSID number that the Wii asks for. Anybody able to help?

Hi there, im neew to this forum and i've read the solution on the airport express above but cant seem to find the equivelant network and hex thing-y? im sorry if im not good with the mac. could someone please guide me through thoroughly in detail please? Tanx.

Back