Alternatives to VC games

thisisgil

WiiChat Member
Dec 5, 2006
Wii Online Code
1616-2753-9551-8415
I like VC gaming, but I can't help but feel that the price is a little steep for a few games. I find it great for playing games for consoles I never owned, overlooked classics, and (potentially) games that were never released outside of Japan, but for some of the bigger titles, there are better ways of playing them on your Wii, for less $$$ ;)

I'll use this thread to list the alternative ways to play classic games on your Wii:

- (GC) Legend of Zelda: Collectors Edition
Contains: Legend of Zelda, Legend of Zelda II, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask

- (GC) Sonic mega collection
Contains: Sonic, Sonic II, Sonic 3, Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine, Sonic Spinball, Sonic 3D, Sonic & Knuckles, Flickies Island, Blue Sphere game

- (GC) Animal Crossing
Contains: Balloon Fight, Donkey Kong, Excitebike, Clu Clu Land, Donkey Kong Jr. Math, Pinball, Tennis, Golf, Soccer, Donkey Kong Jr., Punchout, Donkey Kong 3

- (GC) Megaman Anniversary Collection
Contains: Mega Man, Mega Man 2, Mega Man 3, Mega Man 4, Mega Man 5, Mega Man 6, Mega Man 7, Mega Man 8, Mega Man: The Power Battle, Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters

- (GC) Sonic Gems Collection
Contains: Sonic CD, Sonic the Fighters, Sonic R, Sonic 2 [Game Gear], Sonic Spinball [Game Gear], Sonic Triple Trouble [Game Gear], Sonic Drift 2 [Game Gear], Tails' Skypatrol [Game Gear], Tails Adventure [Game Gear]

Anybody know of any more?

Last edited:
Stagg said:
Yea the computer. Roms and Emulators, 1,000s and 1,000s of games.

Haha! Nice. However:

thisisgil said:
I'll use this thread to list the alternative ways to play classic games on your Wii

Back