Amazon.co.uk sell out in 3 minutes

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
Earlier this morning around 9:37am Amazon UK opened its doors for Wii preorders. They promptly closed 3 minutes later.

After last years xbox 360 fiasco, it seems Amazon UK decided to wait until they had confirmation of their Wii allocations and would only then offer preorder signups.

This was pretty much the last resort for any UK'ers looking for guaranteed launch day preorder and hopefully many of you got one!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/o/ASIN/B0007UATDG/ref=pd_rvi_gw_1/026-7169600-7621223

Keep an eye on the Amazon Wii FAQ page for further updates regarding second shipments and allocations:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...3/ref=amb_link_37145165_1/026-7169600-7621223

i think i read somewhere that he did get one. i got one aswell from amazon! happy days

yea i did, surprised actually.

I was refreshing the hell out of the page for nearly 50minutes, then when i saw the '1 click' buy button appear i hit it, but it seems i'd some how logged out lol.

Anyway i managed to log in again and finally hit that button :)

lol. watch i0n get an email saying "sorry but you will not be getting your Wii on launch day. you are on the list for the 2nd shipment 2 weeks later." i0n, your luck with online preorders hasnt been good. best of luck to ya for this to be the one!

I managed to pre-order one with amazon yesterday morning.

The only disappointing thing is that when I got the order confirmation, it states an estimated despatch date of 11th Dec with delivery date of 14-15 Dec. Hope this isn't the case as the FAQ on the site before the pre-order started said they would be despatched in time to be delivered on the 8th.

Doogs said:
I managed to pre-order one with amazon yesterday morning.

The only disappointing thing is that when I got the order confirmation, it states an estimated despatch date of 11th Dec with delivery date of 14-15 Dec. Hope this isn't the case as the FAQ on the site before the pre-order started said they would be despatched in time to be delivered on the 8th.

Did you select the first class delivery, otherwise to goes onto a later delivery, however sometimes amazon ship earlier than estimated date (though its been rare in my case)

well i can proudly say i got 1 too yay spend 45mins refreshin the fck outa da page, but yay in end got it, all cumin to 232 and sumit odd pence, cant w8 now, im gettin bored of w8n

7mins sounds more likly lol, coz i took me about 3 just 2 fill my details out, lol I was rushin like Fcuk 2 get order done Fast, lol.

Just hope my card accepts it, havin probs with bank card , Argh! lol

Back