Anyone else dissapointed by TP length? *Spoilers*

Tumzy

WiiChat Member
Jan 1, 2007
Ok, basically, I got every heart piece, half the bugs (for cash) and beat the main story in roughly 29 hours. What gives? I thought this was a 70 hour game. I didn't use a guide exept for the heart pieces and I also got 45 Poe Souls so I am wondering how anyone could spend 70 hours on this game.

Oh and magic armor too.

im 11 hours into the game n i only just beat the goron mines ..

I beat it in about 50, but that also includes me pausing the game or walking away while the map was pulled up to deal with my son, he is always making my game hours go up so I can't even start to tell you how long it really took me. I say at least 4-6 hours less than 50, but that's a rough estimate. No where near 29 hours though.

Not disappointed at all. I'm no slouch at video games and it took me 50+ to get through it the first time with no guide. Finding heart pieces with a guide doesn't mean much since you didn't have to search, and you can find half the bugs (which really isn't that much) and at least 40 poes without ever getting off the main story path. Still, congrats :)

Lakebed Temple`

I am at the Lakebed Temple at the moment and I have only been playing for 14 hours! How long do u think until the end of the game??? I have the ClawShot too! Trying to get Boss Key from in that Area! I DONT KNOW WHERE TO GO!!!

lozoot92 said:
I am at the Lakebed Temple at the moment and I have only been playing for 14 hours! How long do u think until the end of the game???
The lakebed temple is the 3rd dungeon of 9. You're not half way yet.

Wow, you must be really good. I just finished the game with getting most heart pieces, the 600 rupee wallet and no magic armor, and it took me 40 hours and 6 minutes.

Its OK. I'm actually starting to get a little bored with it. I'm up to snowpeak. Something about the game just feels a little empty. Zelda really is a dungeon fest in TP. They take ages. There's stuff-all to do anywhere else. But i have to say the Spinner was a surprise. I actually don't know if i can be bothered finishing it. What's Magic Armour?

Lol 15 hours and Im in Lakebed Temple but Im proud of my self as I havent used a guide once which I normally do in Zelda games :)

No one needs a guide for this game... it's puzzles are simple, you'll probably only need a guide for heart peices, and most of them I've found with no guide. I've almost found all of the bugs too... the difficulty just isn't as high as usual in my opinion.

i'm 16 hours into game and at that goron boss with the light on forehead. i reckon it will take me more than 100 hours because i'm usually crap at these games. Proud of myself at moment though!!! :thumbsup: only ever completed 1 game in my life and that was tekkan on ps1. So if complete zelda it will be a miracle. Not giving up on it yet though.

:) COME ON ME!:)

My very first playthrough when I got all the hearts, most of the bugs and ~45 poes was about 90 hours. My second playthrough was in "3 heart mode", ~45poes and all bugs was done in just over 30 hrs. The third one was in about 27hrs and I was still dilly daddling around in some places. I think that you can get 100% in about 20 hours.
Also, I have to admit that TP was dungeonfest. Apparently they took heed to the complaints about Wind Waker and decided on a dungeon overhaul. What made it unbearable was the fact that the bosses were a bit on the easy side. The strategies were creative, I have to give that to Nintendo.

Back