Anyone else get snubbed by a 360 or PS3 fanboy ?

Macmutt

WiiChat Member
Jun 22, 2007
Ok so my brother in law is a PC gamer but an even bigger 360 gamer, i mean he's got like 25 360 games, he adores his 360, he even admires the PS3.
However one thing he hates most on this earth is the Nintendo Wii and when he found out that i switched to the Wii....he was just disgusted.
Now his wife and my wife are sisters so we go over there house like once a week and sooner or later we make our way down stairs to the game room to play his 360, but any time i try to talk about the Wii, not only doesn't he listen, he has this smirk on his face like he's holding back enough laughter to choke a horse, not even taking the Wii seriously...either that or he'll just change the subject completley,
Infact he's still insisting that i just got the Wii because i was curious about it, and in a month or so after i play Metroid Prime 3 he thinks i'll trade it in, no matter how much i talk about the fun i'm having with the Wii.
He has gone so far as to no longer call me during the week to discuss gaming and he explains away the huge Nintendo sales as the Wii being a new fad soon to wear off .
Plus he has no desire to ever try the Wii not even once, now i know everyone's entitled to their opinion but i kind of lose respect for people who get so ignorant, snobbish and stubborn as to voice an insulting opinion about something before experiencing it first hand, but i promise you this if he ever get's the slightest bit curious and actually asks me if he can come over and check it out.
He's going to get a flat out NO, and then i'll remind him of his insulting comments about the graphics and controller and the way he yells hey were you playing your Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii ? i didn't even bother to mention half of them here because we've all heard it from PS3 & 360 fanboys before,
and then i'll just tell him if he's that curious go try a demo at our local game store...and maybe next time he mentions the upcoming 360 title he's waiting for i'll just blow it off, i haven't decided yet.
Any of you guy's experience something similar ?

Last edited:
If he acts like that and has a wife and family of his own...then the issue probably lies with him, not you for liking the wii.

just tell him to **** off or your going to stab him in the face

that or mention to him the wii every second you have, he'll eventually grow curious to it

me? i've had my conflicts with an xbox 360 fan, let's just say he's thinking about getting a wii now

and anyone who disses my wii, i just swear at them constantly cause they're idiotic

lol i get snubbed by my friends that are on 360. Which i own both the 360 and Wii but i like both and this Console war thing i dont pay attention to it one just better than the other oh well.

If your a real 'gamer' in the sense. It shouldn't matter what console you own, thats just really childish, a gamer should be curious, as a gamer to play any game on any console. Right now I only own a Wii, but if a friend got a 360 or Ps3, heck it's fine by me to bring it over to my house, and we'll play games. Simple as that. This console war is really childish.

DeathChron said:
If your a real 'gamer' in the sense. It shouldn't matter what console you own, thats just really childish, a gamer should be curious, as a gamer to play any game on any console. Right now I only own a Wii, but if a friend got a 360 or Ps3, heck it's fine by me to bring it over to my house, and we'll play games. Simple as that. This console war is really childish.

I am with this person heck ya!

My friends don't really care. I have friends with wiis, 360s, ps3s. We usually just play whatever depending where we are. Then again I don't have any friends who are hardcore into gaming.

All my friends like games. They really don't care what console it comes off of.
We can be playin' an Xbox (though it's really only Guitar Hero, and a little Halo 2. I tried it; they killed me... REALLY FAST), and then hop on the wii just like that.

Someone needs to get a PS3 and then we can really have a party.

But then my gal-pals would rather watch the 3rd season of Gilmore Girls on DVD.

He's part of a minority of people that there's little market for. Nintendo is proving those people are a minority. The loudest voice is often the smallest crowd. He better get used to it. The game industry is heading back to original IP, lower budgets, and cutting edge technology has never won a prior console wars.

Trulen said:
All my friends like games. They really don't care what console it comes off of.
We can be playin' an Xbox (though it's really only Guitar Hero, and a little Halo 2. I tried it; they killed me... REALLY FAST), and then hop on the wii just like that.

Someone needs to get a PS3 and then we can really have a party.

But then my gal-pals would rather watch the 3rd season of Gilmore Girls on DVD.

BT-gashirt-catalog-1810.jpg

People like him should not even be called a gamer.

I own the PS3 and a Wii, and I love both of them. I play the Wii with friends and family, but I mostly play by myself on the PS3. Both of them have their own uses.

I was never a big fan of the Xbox or Xbox 360 because of the games that are offered on them. I would rather play them on the PC.

Back