Ashamed of Wii sports Tennis

The tennis can be pretty fun...when my dude hits it IN the court. Does anyone know how to control your shots? I aim, but it does no good...

ThatGuy127 said:
The tennis can be pretty fun...when my dude hits it IN the court. Does anyone know how to control your shots? I aim, but it does no good...
it's all in the timing of the swing. swing early, lots of angle; swing late, you get a pretty straight shot. it seems like you're swinging way too late, but you're not.

Several people brought up the fact that it would be 10x better to move the character with the nunchuk and swing with the Wii-mote. IMO if they had that people would be more content and be less likely to put $50 out later on for a new tennis game with the same thing as what came with their system.

Hero of Time said:
Several people brought up the fact that it would be 10x better to move the character with the nunchuk and swing with the Wii-mote. IMO if they had that people would be more content and be less likely to put $50 out later on for a new tennis game with the same thing as what came with their system.
but that doesn't make them more money now does it?

Lutenten said:
I enjoy the tennis game more than the other sports.
Being an actual tennis player, it does bug me that the system won't pick on the type of spin i am attempting or the direction of the shot based on how i hold the Wiimote / follow through the shot - I guess that is too complicated for now.

Or if it was omitted to keep the game simple, maybe just add an option to play in normal vs. advanced mode.

nayway, here's hoping that it may be included in a future tennis game...

You can definitely put spin on the ball; in fact, that's the only way you can consistantly put the ball out of the reach of higher A.I. player. Aim your swing to the far corner and twist the remote in that direction as well to spin the ball away from the player.

saturnine said:
but that doesn't make them more money now does it?
I'm just saying they may not have wanted to max out the sports at this time. Keep them wanting more. It could be a marketing strategy. Just my theory:yesnod:

I just had a crazy thought
What about Wii tennis using the contoller as it is.
Then adding something like the dance Mat from Mario Dance Rev to run around the court?
Would just have to work out a a way to run in a particlur direction

I think you will see a more advanced tennis game in the future from another company in the future. Probably something like TOP SPIN

Wycky said:
I just had a crazy thought
What about Wii tennis using the contoller as it is.
Then adding something like the dance Mat from Mario Dance Rev to run around the court?
Would just have to work out a a way to run in a particlur direction
that would have to be a big mat
courtten.gif

Last edited:
how about controlling your player with the d-pad on the wiimote? its not being used for anything else in tennis...

Back