Aussie component cable question

NguyenHuy

WiiChat Member
Dec 28, 2006
Guys, I got a noob question please. Just purchase a Wii component cable from playasia. When I plug it in, the screen came up with the sound and everything but there is no colors. It all appears as black and white. My TV is an CRT one. The brand is JVC and it has component input. I have tried to switch the picture mode to PAL, SECAM, NTSC 3, NTSC 4 (the default is AUTO) without success.

Is the cable faulty or is it something to do with my TV?My friend been telling me that the cable I bought was designed to work with Nintendo Wii US version which use NTSC instead of our Aussie PAL hence the black and white thingies. Would appreciate if someone can confirm this or can show me a way to fix it smile.gif

whats your TV model, we need more than JVC. Also, check if your cables are in securely, because in component video, Y=luminance(b&w), Pb and Pr are blue and red. Check to make sure your Pb and Pr are securely fastened. I don't think any cables are specifically made for PAL or NTSC, but im not really sure. If that doesn't work, then its probably your tv's fault. Try other component sources(dvd players, etc.)

As Justinyoung said it sounds to me like the Pb and Pr cables are either plugged into the wrong spot or the settings on your TV aren't right.
I know with a composite cable connected PAL tv playing NTSC games that it will appear black and white.

Thanks guys. Got it fixed. Turned out that there is a switch in the TV to change between AV and Component mode

Yeah. always make sure... I got to see many TV's today at work and they are tricky tricky!

Back