Australia - Preorder Wii deals...

Wilko21

Wii-kipedia
Sep 17, 2006
Perth, WA
I preordered a Wii from EB Games and then got pretty angry because someone said i got a free game when i got it from Toys R Us so i rang them up and searched on the net. Heres what i found out.

Toys R Us
$50 to pre order. The $50 comes off the $400 for Console so you pay $350 for the console package. 1 free game from a selection of games. They couldn't tell me what games there are to select from although there would more than likely be more than one.

EB Games
$50 to pre order. The $50 comes off the $400 for Console so you pay $350 for the console package. $10 to preorder a game. $10 comes off the total price of game.

Trade in a Xbox or PS2 and 25 Games and recieve $300 off the Wii.
EB will also match any deal from other stores, however at this stage have been told not to match the Toys R Us offer.

Myer
Put down a deposit at Myer for a Nintendo Wii (probably $50 not sure though and probably comes off the total price of console) and you will recieve the following Myer gift vouchers:

$250 off Samsung Plasma or LCD TV
$100 off Home Theatre system
$20 off DS Lite
3 x Purchase 2 games & recieve 20% off
2 x $15 off controller
8 x $15 off your choice of Wii game

Note: That all will vouchers have an expiry date and there are other details (such as specific game titles for the coupons) yet to be released.

Myer - Myerone
If you are a Myerone member you will get the same deal but you will recieve GT Pro Series 2 for Wii.

A few other offers and details here.

http://www.vooks.net/modules.php?module=article&id=10936

Last edited:
I better make up my mind soon on were to pre order I was set on the toys r us deal but now I've seen the coupouns you get with the myer deal I'm not so sure now.

I hope they release a price for wii games soon so I know how good of a deal I'm getting with the copouns

You have to remember that you can only use the myer vouchers on selected games. I'm going to go to Myer tomorrow and ask them what games it is and what controllers you can use the other vouchers on. I'll keep you all posted.

At toys r us, its not $50 ON TOP of the $400, its $50 for the pre-order and $350 for the console. You probably already know but you post makes it out like the console is gonna be $450.

I'm not sure but when I pre-ordered at tru I asked that when I goto pick it up I get $50 off the price and the lady said yep, bring this form in and the reciept and I'll get $50 off the Wii.

Protius said:
I'm not sure but when I pre-ordered at tru I asked that when I goto pick it up I get $50 off the price and the lady said yep, bring this form in and the reciept and I'll get $50 off the Wii.

ya, thats what i was told

Protius said:

Thanks i updated it now.

Back