Bad year for Sony? You decide...

I was seconding Vagrant's remark in regards to Sovieto's post, in case you perhaps took my own reply amiss.

That spells bad for Sony. The Wii price is Good and so is 360. Well now that it's gone down it is...

I can't see a PS4. But you have to admit. Their other products are good....

TV's etc. Maybe they should stick to that

Now all Sega has to do is release a "comeback" system called the Phoenix or something, and we'll have another system to laugh at.

BlackKnight5 said:
Now all Sega has to do is release a "comeback" system called the Phoenix or something, and we'll have another system to laugh at.

Actually what Sony is going through reminds me exactly of what Sega went through with the dreamcast.

The Dreamcast had a network card internally and it even had a web browser on it. And you could download content for games. Unfortunately the customers weren't ready for these features.

Xanthan said:
Sept 26th, 2006 - Square Enix will not exclusively support Sony's PS3 as much as they did with the PS2.
This is great! FFXIII for the wii hopefully, doubt it but it would be cool. I think Kingdom Hearts 3 will be for the wii for sure now.

vagrant said:
Actually what Sony is going through reminds me exactly of what Sega went through with the dreamcast.

The Dreamcast had a network card internally and it even had a web browser on it. And you could download content for games. Unfortunately the customers weren't ready for these features.

Fair point... see my 'Remember When...' thread in this section.

Actually the Dreamcast had a really good launch. They sold over a million units around launch. When Microsoft emerged on the scene, they just burried Sega. Other events, such as their president dying from old age, and lack of 3rd party development finally removed Sega from the market. If Sony is to share the same fate, it'll be more than 1 major problem.

There is a rumor going around that Tekken 6 MAY come out on 360 later next year? I hate churning the rumor mill, but anything's possible now that Playstation icon Solid Snake is in SSBB. It came from a site that is sometimes accused for being biased against PS3, but it's well known.

Master Foot said:
There is a rumor going around that Tekken 6 MAY come out on 360 later next year? I hate churning the rumor mill, but anything's possible now that Playstation icon Solid Snake is in SSBB. It came from a site that is sometimes accused for being biased against PS3, but it's well known.

Yes this was posted on Kotaku. Supposedly it is the same source that leaked that VF5 would be coming to the 360.

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/tekken-6/rumor-tekken-6-not-ps3-exclusive-225289.php

i never was a big fan of sony, heck where i work people hate sony up and down because sony will not take any of their cameras back so everytime someone returns one defective or not the store eats $300 or whatever the camera costs.

because of this everytime someone buys a sony camera we say that unless you buy max-assurance we will not take it back because sony doesn't back their products.

vagrant said:
Yes this was posted on Kotaku. Supposedly it is the same source that leaked that VF5 would be coming to the 360.

Joystiq had more to say on this:

Stirred by Sega's announcement of an Xbox 360 version of Virtua Fighter 5, comes rumor that Tekken 6 is also bound for Microsoft's console. The source of the rumor is the same anonymous "IGN insider" who has been apparently credited with breaking the Virtua Fighter 5 news before Sega confirmed it. If his latest spill proves valid, expect Namco Bandai's next Tekken on 360 and PlayStation 3 later this year. There is no indication that this multiplatform initiative would extend to the recently released downloadable version of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, which looks to remain a PS3 exclusive.

Original Post

Holy. Freakin. God. Sony is retarded. 360 and Wii too expensive? what? Wii has no backwards compatibility? huh? And, the most retarded of them all, WIIMOTE-STYLE CONTROLLER FOR PS3?!?!? WTF?

Back