best batteries for wii mote?

I just bought some rechargable batteries from Big Lot, Rayovak or w/e. 4 batteries and a charger for 10 dollars and they last awhile and charge in 15 minutes!

Anyone wonder why Nintendo DIDN'T produce it with a rechargeable battery? Was it cheaper or just the constant movement can knock the rechargeable's memory off? what was it?

Malachi said:
I've got the 4 Gamers Remote Charging Stand: £14.99 at Gamestation

SPC0602.JPG

and I opted for Encore Ni-Mh AAA Betteries: £9.99 from Play.com

872963x.jpg

me too:lol:

Great minds...

I love the blue light in it and the option to charge AA batteries or your second Wiimote at the flick of a switch.

It's the most stylish charging stand i've seen.

Malachi said:
I've got the 4 Gamers Remote Charging Stand: £14.99 at Gamestation

SPC0602.JPG

and I opted for Encore Ni-Mh AAA Betteries: £9.99 from Play.com

872963x.jpg
My Wii won't be opened until Christmas, so this post was a bit confusing to me.

Here in the US, according to the current version of Nintendo's User Manual for the Wii, the Wii-mote uses AA batteries. Not AAA batteries. AA NiMh batteries are typically 2000+ mAh, not 1000 mAh. AAA NiMh batteries are typically ~1000 mAh. AA batteries are It's hard to judge the size by the picture.

You posted prices in £'s, which leads me to believe you're in the UK. [edit]And it says so in your location. duh, I missed that.[/edit]

Is the Wii-mote in the UK powered by AAA batteries? Is there a difference in terminology between the US and the UK? (Do we call it AA and you call it AAA, but we're talking about the same thing? Like you call an elevator a lift, and an apartment is a flat.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aa_battery
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AAA_battery

Last edited:
In general?

Ni-MH batteries; 2000+

I think I have 2650's in mine, and I can use them for about a week without recharging.

Right I think most are rating batteries based on previous experience e.t.c. While I'm not a scientist I have used rechargeable batteries for over 10years. And to be honest the higher the drain the more mAh you want. I currently use energisers for my wiimote. And they are rated at 2000mAh. I find they last long enough and the best thing to do is have two sets of batteries that way one set is always charged. So far the max time i get is about 9hrs give or take a few minutes. Thats with nunchuk and all remote features running. I chose not to go with the charging stations as I've read of a quite a few users who have rendered their wiimote useless from using these devices. So I would say go for the best batteries you can find and a decent charger and everything should be just fine.

And thats all I have to say on that (",)

davesawyer said:
Anyone had success with these?

http://tinyurl.com/yr3rg3
I'd prefer eneloop rechargeable batteries. Standard NiMH batteries self discharge, even when not being used. Even ff you don't use the Wiimote for a week or so, it will lose significant charge with NiMH batteries. The eneloop batteries will be just like you left it.

dalesd said:
I'd prefer eneloop rechargeable batteries. Standard NiMH batteries self discharge, even when not being used. Even ff you don't use the Wiimote for a week or so, it will lose significant charge with NiMH batteries. The eneloop batteries will be just like you left it.

I was just reading about eneloop on their website. Interesting. [STRIKE]But I can't figure it out: are they just a modified species of Ni-MH batteries? Nintendo recommends only using Ni-MH rechargeable batteries. Is there any risk involved with using eneloop?[/STRIKE]

Edit: found this article and feel better about using them.

What charger do you use with eneloop batteries?

Thanks for your feedback.

Last edited:
almanujaku said:
Never used them buit they look like they would be up to the job. the 2500mhA is a good power level for the wii mote.

You should get a few days out of them as long as your not playing 12hrs str8.:cornut:

Well since you guys are familar with the mAhr term, basically the higher the mAh, the longer the batteries will last. So basically batteries that are rated for 2650 mAh will last for just over 25% longer than a 2000 mAh one. Basically you should be able to calculate the difference in time based on personal testing, but there is nothing complicated about the numbers.

Back