Best combat game to make use of the Wiimote?

archibald

WiiChat Member
Feb 3, 2008
What would you all recommend as the best combat game to make use of the Wiimote? Yesterday I bought Lego Star Wars in the hope of being able to wave the Wiimote about like a light sabre and was bitterly disappointed to discover that it doesn't allow you to do so. Having traded it in (I managed to get all of my money back :cool: ), I'm now on the lookout for another game that allows you to really get into the combat like Wii Sports Boxing does.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed sounds like a promising game but it seems it has a greater emphasis on using the Force rather than a light sabre. I'll be sure to check out Smash Bros. Brawl as I get the impression that is what I'm looking for. Any other suggestions for current or future releases?

I think if you look into The Godfather: Black Hand Edition you might enjoy it. You use the Wiimote and Nunchuck to mimic the motions of punching and strangling etc.

Actually, Super Smash Brothers Brawl doesn't use any movement of the Wii Remote, it's just pressing buttons. Despite that, I still suggest getting the game since it is one of the most anticipated games of the year.

i would agree with pacman200 and say godfather. that game is excellent

Red Steel for the sword fights, even if it is a bit of a chore at times. Resident Evil for the aiming of the guns and movement, Medal Of Honor for the same reason.

medal of honor heroes 2 easily has the best controls of a fighting game.

movement and aiming is nearly flawless, and completely customizeable!

AoWFraggit said:
medal of honor heroes 2 easily has the best controls of a fighting game.

movement and aiming is nearly flawless, and completely customizeable!

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

mortal kombat armaggedon, nothing like repping out spines with the wiimote :)

Thanks for all of the suggestions :wink:

Red Steel sounds like the sort of thing I was after. I'll take a closer look at some reviews on it.

Oh no... please try No More Heroes
It easily has the best combo/fighting system on the Wii.
There are two stances and a very intuitive and clever use of the wiimote. You hit the A and B buttons to do standard combos and then you can finish enemies off by either chopping the head off or slicing them in half with a nice flick of the wrist..... OR you can grab them and do some wrestling grabs by motioning with the wiimote and nunchuck.

Its hard to describe the combat, but it is very fast, furious, and fun.
Its not a perfect game but the combat is excellent, the best on wii.
Check out some videos and reviews:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29844.html

I would say Twilight Princess, not only do you use the Wii remote and the nunchuk to swing your sword, but you use the Wii Remote as a grappling hook, bow and boomerang. Also Twilight Princess is a great game all around.

i thought no more heroes was another corny guitar game and red steele was a good idea but sucked badly

Back