Best looking games on the Wii (updated)

There are a lot of games missing from the top of this list.

Super Mario Galaxy - easily one of the best looking Wii games released.
Muramasa The Demon Blade - How can this not be in the top 3?? It is gorgeous.
Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess - A launch game and NGC port but it still looks good.
Rune Factory Frontier - A great RPG and beautiful looking with it.
Madworld - Black, white and red never looked so good.
Okami - A PS2 port but still looks amazing.
SSBB - How could you leave this out? It's one of the few Wii games that is noticeably graphically advanced from the NGC version.

Well, because these games even looking good have stylized graphics and I try to put the best looking games based in realism, as most realistic graphics posible a game has, it's going up to the top...

Don't worry I will include these games too, but in lower positions...

For all the new Wii's buyers, if you have a HDTV and you want to use IT WITH your Wii. THE COMPONENT CABLES ARE A MUST, to avoid hurt your eyes with those jaggies. Using component cables ruduce the jaggies a 50% and looks more crisp and clear.
If you have a CRT HDTV use it!!
The Wii's games looks best with these TVs, I have one and the games look 100 times better.

Last edited:
I'm going to ignore all the problems I have with this thread except one. Did you say Sonic and the Black Knight was the best looking Sonic game for the Wii!?! What are you nuts? Sonic Unleashed looked 100 times better. It's the only Wii game I've ever seen where it's graphics could give it's PS3 version a run for its money.

graphics does not mean quality. and i've already pointed out the flaws in your reasoning on the last page so i won't repeat them here. however i will repeat that this thread should be locked to stop your rule breaking with the double (and higher) posts

Well, first I saw "The best looking games on the Wii", not the best quality games, the mayority of these games have good quality, but this depend by the choice of everyone (some people like adventure games, others like more hardcore, etc).
Second, I focus this list to the people that say: "the Wii doesn't have good looking games, even the first xbox had better graphics". Now I demostrated the contrary, the games are there but you need to search for them. It's clear that the last Wii games have better graphics than the mayority of the xbox games. This topic is centered to the new Wii owners that looking for the best games avaliable in the Wii's catalogue and starting to push the Wii hardware to the limits. And third, I have a trick to pass the overpost; I only quote the response of other users and I will continue my list in a single post.

Also, you know there are some Wii owners that have the xbox360/ps3 and hate when someone like me try to show the best qualities of the Wii console. Why?
Becose they're Wii haters and try everything to piss the Wii in favor their precious HD consoles. They can't acept and will never acept that some multiplatform games are better on Wii than the others consoles. And they're trying to justify this with stupid excuses (like oh you're over-posting!! oh you talk nonsenses, etc, etc...!!).

Last edited:
I'm going to ignore all the problems I have with this thread except one. Did you say Sonic and the Black Knight was the best looking Sonic game for the Wii!?! What are you nuts? Sonic Unleashed looked 100 times better. It's the only Wii game I've ever seen where it's graphics could give it's PS3 version a run for its money.

Well, is questionable because I have both and I compare the textures, polygons and some lighting&shadows and I discovered Sonic and the Dark Knight has a little bit better texture resolution and looks more sharp.
I will include Sonic Unleashed but again in a lower position.

Yes, is my opinion based in my graphics experience, but now I request every one here in this forum how the list would be improved in your opinion.
I posting so much times, becose is very hard to put 100 games with screenshoots at once in only one posting, the screenshoots are loading slow.
I clearly say that I will include the upcoming games that's why this list is called updated.
Damn it
Learn to use better grammar

You keep trying to sound like you know what you mean but you dont going off your spelling of "screenshots"

there loading slow because you posted loads of them

No, my friend. I clearly say it's about the best looking games, doesn't matter the other factors only the graphics and I include the screenshoots (the proof) to show everyone the true power evolution of the Wii's graphics hardware under the hood.
You sound like your 13.
Only idiots think that good graphics make the game

wow. that is seriously messed up to knock someone on their grammar, when in fact, your grammar is horrific. you misused "there" when it should be "they're loading slow because you...." as in "they are loading slow because..."

you used it as a place. "over there is where i will need to go..."

how do you know if english is his first language? it most likely isn't and you're making fun of his grammar? before you do that, be sure to check your own beforehand.

Well, because these games even looking good have stylized graphics and I try to put the best looking games based in realism, as most realistic graphics posible a game has, it's going up to the top...

You need to be a bit clearer as that means that this isn't a list of the best looking Wii games but actually the most realistic looking Wii games. That also makes the inclusion of games like Spyborgs or Sonic strange (plus SMG2) as they are certainly not realistic looking and the original Mario Galaxy or Muramasa are certainly better looking games than either Sonic or Spyborgs.

I'd put the best looking Wii games as:
1. Muramasa The Demon Blade
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Silent Hill Shattered Memories
4. Dead Space Extraction
5. Resident Evil 4

63 The Bigs 2
The best looking baseball game on the Wii

thebigs2_wii_4_800x450.jpg

64 Sin & Punishment 2: Successor of the Universe
One of the best action-shooters

sin-and-punishment-2-anticipated-wii-games-q1-2010.jpg

65 Red Steel 2
Well, here comes the sequel of the best katana fighting game

red-steel-2-anticipated-wii-games-q1-2010.jpg

66 Zangeki no Reginleiv
One of the best upcoming second-party from Nintendo

reginleiv.png

67 GTI Club Supermini Festa
The 4th best racing game onthe Wii

gti_club_supermini_festa-1054739.jpg

68 Marines: Modern Urban Combat
Finnaly Destineer launches a good hardcore game

image1.jpg

69 Rogue Trooper: Quartz Zone Massacre
This game is the most near Gears of war experience on the Wii

rogue-trooper-the-quartz-zone-massacre-20091008025054756_640w.jpg

Hello, do you want to now wich titles coming in 2010. Check this out!!

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=6723

Tell me what you think!!

Last edited:

its a really good list and i enjoyed looking thrue it and i dont know why people are so hung up on that you didn't put it in one post it doesn't matter whats dun is dun

Great list, just recieved my Wii HD Cable in the mail. Looky forward to enjoying these game in the near future. Are all these game on the list are with the reviewed with the 480P or the normal resolution.

Lots of good looking games. I look forward to seeing the rest of them as time goes. I'll check in and take a look at the thread every now and then to see if anything else has been added.

Great list, just recieved my Wii HD Cable in the mail. Looky forward to enjoying these game in the near future. Are all these game on the list are with the reviewed with the 480P or the normal resolution.

Yes, using the component cables. Remember to put your Wii in 480p resolution, I will show a new video using this and the XMC upscaler and you will see how good are these games in 720p...

well I totally agree with Wii-licious, although I obligate myself to buying every resident evil game (my one and only addiction) I would love to see the Operation Javier part made into a real Resident Evil game and with that I even mean the first resident evil games, the ones with that scared the hell out of me, Resident Evil 4 was good but the first three parts scared the hell out of me and it would only make sense to make that part into a stand alone game and I hope it will be released on wii

Very nice list, and very useful to have the screenies. Thanks for the effort.

Yes, thank you!!

I will continue this list until I reach the 100th...

70 Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli
Well, just the 5th best racing game on the Wii

2.jpg

1.jpg

71 Epic Mickey
Here coming, the cell-shading games.

epic-mickey-details-443x332.jpg

72 Trackmania
This title would be the best racing game on the Wii for the FUN factor

Trackmania-Wii-06.thumb.jpg

Trackmania-Wii-05.thumb.jpg

73 Sengoku Basara 3