Status
Not open for further replies.

sherwood3570

infused
May 20, 2007
Michigan
Wii Online Code
1830-2062-7374-0757
Does anybody know how to set up bunny ear antennas on a t.v. set to get a few free channels? I think you need some sort of channel box on the double antennas. Although I am not too sure. Can anyone help me with the configuration?

Tom

Dear sir or madam, what you are speaking of is against all ethical and legal laws. Please refrain from thinking about committing such heinous acts in the future.

Thank you and good day.

mostly bunny ears use those old screw cables, so your tv must be older as well and have those "jacks" to screw the wire onto.

Scream said:
Dear sir or madam, what you are speaking of is against all ethical and legal laws. Please refrain from thinking about committing such heinous acts in the future.

Thank you and good day.
um, over the air broadcasts are not illegal. stations like FOX and the CW are free. all you need is the antenna

Sovieto said:
mostly bunny ears use those old screw cables, so your tv must be older as well and have those "jacks" to screw the wire onto.
i have yet to see a TV without coax (the screw in) inputs. even my $2500 1080p tv has coax.
sherwood3570 said:
Does anybody know how to set up bunny ear antennas on a t.v. set to get a few free channels? I think you need some sort of channel box on the double antennas. Although I am not too sure. Can anyone help me with the configuration?

Tom
the antenna should just plug right into your TV. are you sure the cable is plugged in correctly?

Mitch2025 said:
um, over the air broadcasts are not illegal. stations like FOX and the CW are free. all you need is the antenna

i have yet to see a TV without coax (the screw in) inputs. even my $2500 1080p tv has coax.

the antenna should just plug right into your TV. are you sure the cable is plugged in correctly?
oh really? i guess i just really looked =P
okay i just checked my tv
i didnt mean the coax, i meant the REALLY old things that have 2 prongs at the end of the cable, and you more of, fasten them on the TV, thats what my old bunny ears used.

Well, usually I know a lot when it comes to electronics. But this is oldschool and I'm only 19. I'm trying to set this up for my friend...

So from what I got...

All I have to do is get those old bunny ears or just make them myself and screw them into the coax and it should pick up like 1-13?

Mitch2025 said:

Wrong as usual Mitch! You see, in 1864 a French man named Landis Francois patented broadcast waves. He stole the main principles from a German scientist named Karl Wulf. A massive court battle ensued which, after many years, eventually led to The Great War. After the U.S. defeated Stalin and his gang of Nazi thugs, President George S. Patton declared, "Since we won the damn war, we get the damned rights to the damned broad cast waves!".

For awhile everything went smoothly until Hitler and his communist lynch pigs decided to start WWII. Once again America decided to intervene.

Anyway, to make a long story short, all air waves are property of the United States Government. This is why when you pay your cable company, they in return pay corporate taxes. As you should know, your government knows how to spend your money much better than you do, so please support the cause.

Please try not to make yourself look so uneducated in the future my dear sir.

Thank you.

However I am still willing to offer advice. It is very hard to find TVs these days that have the ports for bunny ears. It used to be, that a small plastic tab was on the end of the ears, and you would simply plug that into the tv. Now, you may have to buy some kind of converter box. I would just call Radioshack, as they should be able to get you anything you need.

Last edited:
Scream said:
Wrong as usual Mitch! You see, in 1864 a French man named Landis Francois patented broadcast waves. He stole the main principles from a German scientist named Karl Wulf. A massive court battle ensued which, after many years, eventually led to The Great War. After the U.S. defeated Stalin and his gang of Nazi thugs, President George S. Patton declared, "Since we won the damn war, we get the damned rights to the damned broad cast waves!".

For awhile everything went smoothly until Hitler and his communist lynch pigs decided to start WWII. Once again America decided to intervene.

Anyway, to make a long story short, all air waves are property of the United States Government. This is why when you pay your cable company, they in return pay corporate taxes. As you should know, your government knows how to spend your money much better than you do, so please support the cause.

Please try not to make yourself look so uneducated in the future my dear sir.

Thank you.

However I am still willing to offer advice. It is very hard to find TVs these days that have the ports for bunny ears. It used to be, that a small plastic tab was on the end of the ears, and you would simply plug that into the tv. Now, you may have to buy some kind of converter box. I would just call Radioshack, as they should be able to get you anything you need.

You could word that less harshly. Everyone can't know every little thing.

I agree Noel. Thank you for the information Scream, it was a good read. I now believe that getting 6-13 channels for free is illegal. I would still consider them free though. I would label it something of which would be in a grey area. Somewhat like a rummage sale.

GAhh....Mitch is the way to go on this one. Scream has no idea what he is talking about...

Jeez man, are radio signals off-limits as well? Ever heard of FOX,ABC,CBS,PBS,CW,WXSP,NBC

They are all "local".... if they were illegal, there's a lot of country folk that should be in jail. Now taking every post by you with a grain of salt. Area 47? WTF

And you should be able to pick up an antenna with co-ax. I can take a picture of mine. Both my little antenna and my rooftop one use coax.

Scream said:
This is why when you pay your cable company,
... Uh... he doesn't have cable/dish. That's why he doesn't want to pay, because it's FREE!. wow.

EDIT:

Pics are kinda big, didn't feel like resizing.

The tv's coax input.
DSCF3384.jpg

The antenna's output coax cable
DSCF3380.jpg

Both put together
DSCF3378.jpg

Final setup
DSCF3376.jpg

just pick a channel and screw around with the knobs till you get a picture. THat thing is like...10 years old already.

oh, here's the big boy.
DSCF3385.jpg

Wow, some of you people really live under a rock. I used to have an antenna rotor on the roof, since I was 1/2 way between Chicago and Rockford. Sometimes the signals came in better for the other city, so I had to turn the antenna. This was before cable infiltrated everywhere. Well, almost everywhere.

The screw-type ribbon cable used to be the standard.

Indoor antennas now should have a Coax cable end. In that case, just plug it into the Cable In/ANT In Coax on the television.

There is nothing wrong/illegal/immoral about gaining channels this way. If there was, there would not be legislation to make those free broadcasts into HDTV some year. Why cater to those 'stealing', if it is wrong??

You do not need a 'channel box', you just use the TV tuner to change channels. You should get ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX and a few others. This depends on how close you are to where they are broadcast from.

Brawny said:
Final setup

DSCF3376.jpg

just pick a channel and screw around with the knobs till you get a picture. THat thing is like...10 years old already.
now THATS an old antenna. i havent seen one of those ones where you change the channel on the antenna for a while lol

Thanks everybody for the big time help. I didn't figure it would be that easy. You don't need that big antenna on the roof though, do you? I'm not about to crawl on my buddy's apartment haha.

What do you mean? It is easy as hell. You plug in the antenna to the TV, and then adjust until you get a good signal. In Chicago, for instance, all the stations broadcast from the same area/buildings, so you just adjust the antenna until you get a strong signal.

It is easy. Plug it in, move the antenna. You get a better signal using a rooftop antenna, but an indoor antenna should work.

What did people do before the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back