Can you connect to the wii from a cable modem directly to the Wii?

Stocken

is a high five!
Nov 26, 2006
Canada
Hello Everyone,

Anyway, i have a cable modem with a USB jack on it, I have the USB cable that runs from the modem, to the computer or where ever, the end of the USB cable is the right fit for the wii. so i tried connecting to Wii Online and it didnt work. so i was just wondering is it possible to directly connect the wii to the cable modem with the USB to get on the Wii online? or do i need to wait for the Wii Lan adapter?

thanks. :)

I tried the same thing a few hours ago. Nothing worked. It seems you need either a routher, the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector, or the special Wii adapter (which isn't coming out til' January).

I just broke down and bought the Wi-Fi Connector (thankfully I had some Best Buy bucks and a $10 gift card to knock off the price). It took a little time, but I'm finally online. Patience will be required. Also, you may need to download the latest version of the program. The disc that came with the connector was 1.03, and since then, there's been a 1.04 update on Nintendo's site.

In the manual it says you need a Wii LAN adapter to use wired access. I'm assuming those aren't out yet

The LAN Adapter is just one solution. If you're willing to wait til' January, that might be your best bet. Otherwise, I recommend the Wi-Fi USB Connector. There should be a guide in the Operations manual about solutions and items to get onto the net on your Wii.

Back