cant get online

jlove21137

WiiChat Member
Feb 22, 2008
hi everyone,
i just got a new wireless router yesterday and i have been trying to get online since then, i keep getting error saying that it cannot connect to internet but it rocgnizes my wireless router, ive changed the chanell on it, added the mac address and the wii still wont allow me to get online my computer and laptop work fine on the wireless i have it on WAP- personal and set up a password and stuff oh yeah its a linksys WRT54Gs v.7... any suggestions????
thanks,
Jlove

do you have DHCP enabled on the router? --this is a dynamic lease of an IP address to wireless clients

i'm not sure how the wii would react without an IP address... i do know it would show that it connected via wireless, though :yesnod:

EDIt... make sure you cann connect and work via a laptop... for testing purposes: do not use encryption until you get a successful connection... then add security.

Last edited:
yes i have DHCp enabled , my laptop works fine was just on the net on it , so idk what im doing wrong, this is very fustrating

Jlove21137 - this is no consolation but I have the same problem read my thread 'A new wireless connection query'.

Don't bother ringing Nintendo Customer services cos they are useless.

Read

:smilewinkgrin: :lol: :aureola: Basically i have been playing moh2 online for a 2 weeks then i hid my nintendo wii (dont ask me why) (z) i treid going on moh2 after i got passed all loading things but i couldnt go passed last loading one (unable to connect to server.!! i picked sewer15 out of 20 and treid a few others it wouldnt work!! what should i do i benn trying to make it work for 2 days:cool: :shocked: :yikes:

Mubariz:

Can you get online w/ the internet channel? If you don't have the internet channel, try just checking for firmware updates. Does it work (saying no update available) or do you get an error? If it doesn't work, use the same links I just provided a few posts up.

EDIT: Don't be so impatient. No one owes you anything, you hijacked another thread vs. starting your own, and 2 mins is way too soon to be complaining that no one has responded.

Last edited:
srry i new person thought loads of peoloe wouild be on a nd i was trying out quick reply
yes internet channel works

Basically i have been playing moh2 online for a 2 weeks then i hid my nintendo wii (dont ask me why) (z) i treid going on moh2 after i got passed all loading things but i couldnt go passed last loading one (unable to connect to server.!! i picked sewer15 out of 20 and treid a few others it wouldnt work!! what should i do i benn trying to make it work for 2 days

Last edited:
If the internet channel works then it's something wrong with the MOH servers. You should call their tech support.

Back